Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Sims unable to go to book store rabbit hole in Twinbrook
My Sims are unable to use the book store rabbit hole in Twinbrook. They can't buy books, get a part time job, or own real estate.

The problem occurred rather randomly. I hadn't installed any new custom content. I did patch my game later than usual (as I had taken a long break from playing since round the time Island Paradise came out), but the game was up-to-date when this occurred, and I had played several games since I patched without issue.

The first thing I did was try a new game with a fresh Twinbrook. Didn't work. Then, I tried looking at the other neighborhoods. It didn't work either. So, I decided to delete the caches. That fixed the problem--except in Twinbrook.

Since then, I have taken out all custom content, deleted the caches and made my game vanilla. I've removed the saved games, etc. Still, the problem persists in Twinbrook.

The only odd thing I noticed in my game before this problem occurred was that, after making a Sim--and this sounds weird--but when I was saving the family after CAS, her outfit (a store outfit) had lost its texture. It was just a shape. I didn't really think anything of it. And I didn't even actively use that Sim in the game, I've removed her since, and I don't know if that's related, but the Twinbrook book store issue did occur the next day.

If there's any other info I can give, please let me know. Thank you in advance for any help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 6:08 PM
Rather odd to limit this down to one world and even to one rabbithole of that world. Have you tried bulldozing the lot and replacing it? Used one of the bookstore rabbitholes from another world to place in Twinbrook? Only the bookstore has this issue, no other rabbitholes?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 12:00 AM Last edited by PrettySiren : 17th Jul 2013 at 12:35 AM.
I haven't even thought of that! Thank you! I figured it had to be a rather odd problem, because I tried going through these forums and I tried all the basic help stuff before I left a message as I'm sure you get TONS of questions here.

I will definitely try that and I'll let you know. I'd hate to think anyone else has this frustrating problem, but if they do, maybe your suggestion will work and yeah. Thank you again!

ETA: I tried bulldozing and using a different bookstore and the problem persisted. The Sim just wouldn't go to that rabbit hole. So, I tried putting the Twinbook bookstore on a different lot...and for some reason it works. This is a tentative thing. I haven't successfully played a game for several hours and it persited to work, but it's a start. I'll update this thread again if the problem stays fixed. Hopefully it can help people in the future if they have that problem.

My question now is: is it some kind of routing problem potentially caused by a patch or corrupted game? I don't know ANYTHING about routing, so that question may seem silly. But yeah, the Sim just wouldn't go there. I even tried different forms of transportation like simply walking.

Also, now when I try putting a new building on that lot where the Twinbrook bookstore originally is, it simply won't place. The terrain seems level. It's weird.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM
It is the new Lot Placement feature in 1.55.
It appears to bug RabbitHole Lots, especially the multi-function RHs. Worst case scenario is on Lunar Lakes - all those identical portals no longer work without being edited. You might also want to try using the Moveobjects on cheat to forcibly-place the RH building, and then test it with the MOO cheat OFF.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 2:49 PM
Thanks, Ellacharmed. I finally moved everything to a different lot, and it seems to work, but it just feels weird there. So, I'm definitely going to try that. I was playing last night, seeing if the game would be okay with the fix I found, and then it crashed. I've also been crashing on the rare occasion since the new patch.

I'm going to try what you recommended and see what I get. You know how, on that lot in Twinbrook, it houses the bookstore and the grocery store? What's weird to me is that when I tried to replace them after bulldozing, the area where the bookstore would take a RH, but the grocery store spot wouldn't. I had to use MOO. That's weird because the grocery store is the one that works, which surprised me before, but kinda makes sense after what you said.