Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:46 PM
Default Can I pull a stencil out of a .package file?
I just finished the tut on creating stencils and applying them to CASparts, so I'm REALLY new to all of this. I have 6 .package files that, as near as I can tell, have nothing but stencils in them. The problem is, each image uses it's own line in CAS. All 6 are Disney characters and I want to put them on a single line. Opening them with CTU produces the No Cas Part File message. When I open them in s3pe, there are 5 entries. 1st line is an _xml, 2nd line is a COMP file, 3rd line is a THUM, 4th line is the _img with the alpha channel, and the last line is another _xml.The attached pic shows how the colors and alpha channels are all funky. Is there a way to use these as-is? All that other info is inside the package for a reason, and I don't want to just throw it away if there's something important there.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:35 PM
Do you want to use the stencils on all existing CAsparts?(including EA's)
If so then why not clone a Glove as overlay and load all your stencils in that one package.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:05 PM
I'd certainly like more info on what you're aiming to do, and what you've done so far.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:07 AM Last edited by sciguy77 : 17th Jun 2011 at 1:22 AM.
This is my first project since finishing the tut on creating stencils and applying them to CASparts yesterday. This started out a practice exercise -- I expected to find a single shirt in each package, and I was going to reduce them into a single package with all 6 images fitting on a single line. Once I had that done for unisex toddlers, I was going to repeat the process for unisex children, for teen girls, and finish up with a 4th package for yaa women.
The things you're talking about Bloom are over my head right now. I'd really like to learn more about how the accessories work though. Is this the same principle that's used when tattoos are applied as accessories? If so, that sounds like a good "next step" in the learning process. If you can point me in the direction of a good tut on how to do this, that'd be great. I'm not so much concerned with creating fancy CC right now as I am with learning how to MAKE CC. Before I spend the $$$ on Milkshape and start trying to mesh, I want to make sure I have a good understanding of the basic stuff. It doesn't get much more basic than putting stencils on t-shirts!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:07 AM
Ah, I understand!
Each CAS item can have an unlimited number of designs - the presets that show up for the item in CAS. Instead of creating six files, make one file, and add the first stencil to it. Then, click the "Add Design" button, and "Copy last" - this will duplicate the previous design, so you can then change the stencil image, and you can do that as many times as you like to have everything showing up as one item in CAS.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:16 AM
Cool, thanks Whiterider. I'll experiment with the alpha channel and image colors to see what happens. The way the alpha channel is set up right now I expect to end up with a shirt that is all black, and has the shirt color showing through in the outline of the stencils. Easy enough to fix -- guess the best thing to do is just screw around with it. I would like to learn how to attach stencils to accessories though. I've looked through the tuts a little bit, but haven't been able to find one that deals with that (Prolly because I don't know what I'm looking for !!!). Once I get this project done I'll have another look.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:28 AM
Accessories work pretty much exactly the same as clothing - as do shoes.