Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:44 PM Last edited by Shadow_Girl : 21st Jun 2011 at 12:00 AM.
Default Texturing help???
I've edited the alpha and the base textures, imported them, and comitted them, but now it won't show up on the mesh. Also, how do I remove the BumpMap?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:02 AM
The bumpmap you can change by replacing it on the mesh tab. As far as the texture goes what it that? Is that the whole thing? You still need to include the rest of the body, even if you're not using it. Did you change the uv map to make room for the fins? Also the textures should all be 1024x1024 for cas stuff.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:05 AM
Could you maybe attach the package file, or your textures themselves? It's hard to tell what's wrong from just screenshots.

To remove the bumpmap, import a neutral one when you import the new mesh. I've attached one to my post - ignore the fact that the file details say it's 0x0 and 0b, it's not...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  neutral bumpmap.rar (159 Bytes, 7 downloads) - View custom content

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:28 AM
Thank you.
Actually, I figured out I wasn't saving it correctly- It was a DXT3 instead of a DXT5.

And no, that's not the whole thing. The whole thing was too big for me to upload, so I cut it down to the part I was working on.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadow_Girl
Thank you.
Actually, I figured out I wasn't saving it correctly- It was a DXT3 instead of a DXT5.

And no, that's not the whole thing. The whole thing was too big for me to upload, so I cut it down to the part I was working on.

DXT3 isn't used with sims3 clothing....
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 10:42 AM
Well, it can be, though DXT5/DXT1noalpha is more common.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:28 AM
Whenever I try to apply the neutral BumpMap, it says it's not in the correct format.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:45 AM
The image, or the key?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 7:04 PM
Oops, forgot that part. It says the key isn't in the correct format.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:00 PM
That's... very weird. Just to check, you added the meshes to the LOD boxes and the normalmap to its box at the same time, hit Commit and Saved? Perhaps try a new file?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:14 AM
Well, when I reloaded it, apparently the problem resolved itself. Go figure.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 10:14 AM
Odd - but at least it's working now!