Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 11:28 AM
Uhm... I'm almost embarrassed to ask but... I updated my mod in the Download section
and I still see the old file attachments, Did I make some mistake or is that normal?
Do I have to wait for staff approval like the first time I uploaded them?

By the way I may have deleted the old files. Is that bad?
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#27 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:03 PM
Just give it a little time to kick in. There's heavy caching going on on the whole site. But... better upload a file with the exact same name as the old one next time. That way it will just replace the old one. Also the download counts are connected to the files, so by deleting files, you're losing download count. So, yeah, just replace the old files next time.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:56 PM Last edited by Arsil : 15th Oct 2014 at 7:26 PM.
Ok, thanks. I panicked a little since I didn't get any automatic notice.
I don't care too much about download counts, so it's fine.

Please listen, Buzzler and any other administrator or moderator who is reading,
I was able to fix the Working Bulletin Board just changing the namespace of the class
as we discussed before. Now, the original author of the mod has been away from MTS for a
long time and he didn't left any policy about his work (or at least I couldn't find one), can I upload the fixed mod?
Or, better yet, can the MTS staff update directly his "mod entry" to avoid a second one?

I don't want any credit (nor I deserve it) and I've left - where possible - all the original
names/strings he used for both the package and the code. While I was there I just
added my first language localization.

Oh, one more thing, if a better modder/coder than me (shouldn't be hard to find one)
could make the notes/bulletins persistent (right now they are lost if you save and
then reload the game) before re-uploading the mod that will be great indeed.

Should I send the mod to you with a PM? Should I upload it first in the forum?
Please gimme advice on how to proceed, I don't want to violate any rule or
hurt the original author rights/feelings.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#29 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 2:08 PM
You can simply upload the mod yourself. Please read the 'Fixing others' broken creations' part here: Updates and Remixes of Creations

Regarding the making things persist beyond reload why don't you give that a shot yourself? If you have questions about that, that's probably a topic for a new thread.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:13 PM
Now that I think about it, I just have to put the magic tag [Persistable]
in the right place and it will do all the work for me, how convenient!

I added a few new features while I was working on that.
Page 2 of 2