Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:42 AM
OK - I'll see if I get a chance to look at it today.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:33 PM
Success!!
The NB is showing up in my Game (UC)
It looks good, in my opinion a little bit too much hills, but ist´s fine.

(a little note: in the Thumbnails folder were two packages)

I´m not a native english speaker.
Space Pony
#28 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 2:48 PM
Yes, showing up here too
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 5:29 PM
Well, it loaded fine and I can see the empty lots ok too so that's satisfactory.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:30 PM

I'm definitely going to be editing some of the neighborhood terrain and I'll have some lots up, too, so they can be tested as well. I should have a new version up either late tonight/early morning (aka 1 AM EST ) or within the next few days.

I'm not sure why there were two thumbnail files again....I could have sworn I only had one? Strange. I'll delete that extra one.

I'm just so excited that it's finally showing up! Thanks guys, you rock!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:55 PM
Oh, that is good that it is solved I will test once you have lots as well!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 4:12 PM
Wow, that terrain sure is bumpy, but you said you were still modifying that.

My cameras can't see the whole hood. I can't rotate or drift the rearmost streets on the mainland into view at all. So if the terrain is the size you want, you'll want to mention that neighborhood camera mods might be necessary to view the whole map; and bear the possibility of difficult access in mind when building on that part of the map. It's hardly a deal breaker, since the existing Maxis neighborhoods also have inaccessible streets.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:54 PM
Default Cape Sinclaire - Version 3 (With LOTS!)
Hey everyone! I've been fiddling around with the 'hood, so before I overwhelmed it with houses I thought it would be better to playtest what I have so far, now that N654 is actually showing up.

What I've modified from V2:
-Added more 'hood deco
-Smoothed out some terrain to make it less bumpy.
-Modified the terrain to allow space for a beach lot. At first I was disappointed and wasn't going to put one in, but then Kukamuukaanmuka gave the suggestion that others would enjoy this lot type.
-Built 4 lots: 2 Residential, 2 Community. (Descriptions below!)
-Deleted that extra thumbnail file.

Notes:
-As Peni just said, I figured that some of it wouldn't be accessible with certain camera mods. I should have put that into consideration when I was building, but hey- you live and learn.
-If the terrain is still too bumpy, please let me know. There are still hills so the entire 'hood isn't completely flat, because I find that boring but whatever the consensus is, I can easily edit it further.
-@Criquette has really made some exceptionally great 'hood deco. I used his Pier & Boat set in my neighborhood view but otherwise that is the only CC I use, and otherwise plan on using. I'd really like to make a neighborhood available to as many players as possible with not a lot of custom stuff. I don't plan on shipping (no pun intended) this deco with my 'hood, but you can download it here if you'd like to see it in your game: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=294916
-I originally had 3 residential lots in this upload, but I just bulldozed one of them. It was ugly anyways.

That's all the important stuff I can think of now...so here are some screenshots/lot descriptions!
(I realize these aren't the best quality...sorry. )

On that note, bring it on with any constructive criticism about, well, anything. This is my first attempt at neighborhood making and I'm not used to having to create for what other players might enjoy. I could definitely use suggestions on building, community lot types, furnishing, etc. anything!
I also have a back story I'm writing up now...It'll be included it in the next version.
Thank you so much, testers! Let me know what you think so far.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  V3 - Cape Sinclaire.zip (2.92 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#34 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:01 PM
Could you post floorplan shots so people can take a gander at them without loading the game?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Space Pony
#35 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 12:04 AM
Took a look of the furnished house and both communitylots

54 Pier Avenue
Tessa Tester (lol I am worst at names, my tester is always called Tessa) moved there, indeed a lovely little lot, couple things tho... The last item you put to the lot is the telescope in the top floor of the lighthouse So Tessa had to go all the way to the top to just wonder "What is this?"
Also no phone or firealarm, so Tessa only cooked sandwiches to be sure there won't be any fire

Fledgling Playground
Very lovely playground, and nice that you included something for the totts also, I believe many are using the mod
No lights at all, I suggest you to ad some outdoorlightning or it will be pitch black when it will be 7pm Also no restrooms, even tiny restrooms would be good, anyway you do not have to go home for take a pee and then come back to have fun? Also, If you think parent/s go to the playground with their kids, there aint actually much to do for the parent/s Maybe even that cheap grill they could cook hotdogs for the kids , or maybe chessboard so they have something else to do than sit in the bench or steal the swing from the kids :D

The Yellow Flora

Tessa had a great file mignon in there
It is a big restaurant, so because of that I understand you have 2 chefs in there. But only one toilet? maybe add one upstairs also?

And , heh thanks for the beachlot I was glad to see you used it as communitylot Even so it wasn't yet build up, Tessa just had to visit there and take a swim :D
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 3:44 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 4th Aug 2016 at 3:46 AM. Reason: Guess it would be helpful to upload those pictures...heh
Hey Guys,

Sorry it's been a few days. My cat was sick and I picked up a few shifts at work last-minute.
For Peni Griffin and Others: I took some in-game screenshots of the floor plans of the four lots I had so far. They're attached in this post Also, if anyone has a good in-game screen capture program that's free, let me know. I'm tired of using "C" for meh pictures.
@Kukamuukaanmuka Thanks for the comments and for testing! I've taken note and everything should be fixed in the next update.

Still working with my 'hood. New update soon...ish. Maybe.
Thanks again!
Screenshots
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Aug 2016 at 6:13 PM
This tutorial should help you with screenshots. I use a combination of Fraps and Irfanview to take and edit my screenshots, they are both free.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Page 2 of 2