Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:45 PM
Default Careers for Regency Gentlemen - Testers please?
Hi Guys

I was inspired by @Cupcakeyy and others to try my hand at a Regency/Jane Austen themed Hood. About the first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a shortage of suitable careers for the Gentlemen, so I wrote my own. I have tested these in my own game (all EPS) but I haven't tested all levels and all chance card outcomes, so any help would be appreciated. I would also like to know what you think about:

1. Are these too "niche" to be of interest to MTS members?
2. I haven't completed the female side of the careers' text, as they would not have been available to females, however I can add them in if you think it best.
3. Please let me know any spelling mistakes, unexpected outcomes etc. things that don't make sense.
4. The careers reference the period 1795 - 1830 very approximately and relate to the British Army, the Royal Navy and the Church of England, (though I have tried to cut out specific references as far as possible, to make them generally playable). If I made any major historical howlers please let me know. (I know Squire and Esquire are the same - I was stuck for enough job levels).

These are not base game only, they require one EP. There are chance cards for all levels, except Military Lvl 10. (It was going to be the Battle of Waterloo. I started reading about the battle, whimpered and gave up}. If anyone wants to donate a chance card for that level? I checked that Teen Naval links correctly to adult Naval. Adult Naval has skill and friend requirements at Lvl 1 so may not show up in the newspaper. (Joining in your early Teens was the normal way to start). However, it can be assigned with Simblender or the Jobs Noticeboard. The working day for Naval is 22 hours long to simulate going away to sea for long periods. This means your Teens will miss Mondays school, but whatever. There is a Schoolmaster aboard ship in any case.

Thanks for your help

Aysarth
Attached files:
File Type: rar  19CClergy.rar (8.9 KB, 41 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 19th century clerical career
File Type: rar  19CLandedgentry.rar (7.6 KB, 46 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 19th Century landownert
File Type: rar  19CMilitary.rar (15.3 KB, 38 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 19th Century Military career
File Type: rar  19CNaval.rar (10.0 KB, 32 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 19th Century Naval career
File Type: rar  19CNavalTeen2.rar (9.9 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Description: 19th Century Naval TEEN career