Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Download folder not displayed
I picked "downloads", even "browse" and went through the whole thing to my Download folder, but only about 20 things show up. Program USED to work fine, showing everything in my huge folder. Do idea why it stopped working. I installed the latest Microsoft.NetFramework (4.5) and (although I can't find it) tech support insists I also have v 2.0.50727. I remember reading that either or both of these was needed. I uninstalled Clean Installer and reinstalled latest version. Still same problem. Note: I HAVE successfully installed stuff with it.

And I searched and searched and did not find this question.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 2:46 AM
I'm sorry, but I have no idea why this would happen. I can't reproduce it on my computer and I have no theories as to why it's happening.

Do you have "Recursive" selected?

What happens if you try an older version of the Clean Installer? They are all available at the website. Specifically, 1.5.1.4 uses a different version of .NET, which might help us to determine whether .NET is the problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:02 AM Last edited by grammapat : 24th Oct 2013 at 12:59 AM.
Thanks Mootilda; Yes, I have Recursive. I think I WILL try the older version (which I HAVE had, and had .Net 1.1, but the Geek Squad guy deleted).

UPDATE: with help of Geek Squad (called 3 times, took them over 10 hours) I have found this resolution (and information - for what it's worth):
He was able to "reset" the Clean Installer via "browse" - he didn't use the same path I was trying...whatever.
And as to the issue of .NETframework versions, he said Microsoft AUTOMATICALLY updates the version, which may have made it (somehow) change the setting on the Installer. One of the tecs installed the latest version (4.5); a later one researched that and said it "contained" (?) 2.0 version. He set up my machine to NOT automatically install updates, so I will be able to reject anything above the currant 4.5.

Not that any of this really makes sense to ME. I just know that the viruses I invited by trying to get framework 2.0 have been cleaned, and the Clean Installer now IS OK.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:21 PM
Until a few hours after above post, when Clean Installer wouldn't load, because it couldn't access Sims -- because IT won't load. Always a NEW problem...

Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:47 PM
Do you get any sort of error message? Did anything special happen between the time that it worked and the time that it failed?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:54 PM
When it tries to load I get a little box with a red X and "OK"; there are lots of error files. I had been geneticising custom skins with SimPE. I downloaded Net 1.1 (don't remember why) and got lots of messages but installed it anyway. Actually I've posted in Help about this problem (with Sims loading). So I don't want to belabor it on 2 threads.