Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 39
Test Subject
#351 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 6:19 PM
I love it already! But i would love it even more if I could disable multiple files? How can you I do that?!
Test Subject
#352 Old 12th May 2016 at 3:12 AM
Hey uh does anyone know how to download the files without WinRAR because that costs a lot of money and looks pretty shady to me..... also do I just copy and paste the files into my mods folder or to I have to do something more complicated I am very confused and have no idea what I'm doing.....if someone could please reply that would be super great because I haven't played the game in like 5-6 months because the mods keep crashing it.....thanks
Test Subject
#353 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:39 PM Last edited by aeonfluxx75 : 20th May 2016 at 4:51 PM.
I love this utility and have been using it for awhile. I have Windows 8.1 Pro and had no problems with installation nor with use. The first version had a minor issue which I cannot recall but I emailed the creator about it along with a thank you, he responded immediately.

I've had every version, exception to the latest 9xxx, and it's never been flagged as malware/virus by Norton. I think the first version of this file there was some adware that you needed to opt out of bundled in the installation. I haven't seen it with other versions, I'm guessing the adware and probably malware is now in the form of popups just prior or after the ad.fly process for those of us updating rather than initial install. I prefer the first way TBH, I have the opp to directly deal with it and never see it again opposed to the current method of misleading popups, trackers and the like. Given the choice of -opting out- is much better IMO. That aside, this program is amazing. "carikawaii" mentioned the "conflict" detection including files that share the same resource ID or mesh, this is true and is not a problem to work around as he/she outlines in his/her post. carikawaii has thoroughly reviewed the program and its functionality. Marked conflicts that are all from the same CC creator you can pretty much guarantee the above is the case.

Updating is a PITA as ad.fly is a significant source of contention along with other misleading/misdirecting popups. With ad.fly, you HAVE to turn off blockers, other browser protections and enable cookies in order to even get to the actual update page which-BTW- is on OneDrive (I don't see the purpose for ad.fly when it's hosted on OD). Anyway, the latest 9xxx version has been removed so there's no way to get the latest, at present, unless he uploads it here. I understand the reason behind why some devs work with adware but I wish he wouldn't. I've never been affected, I'm an sys engineer of approx 20yrs, but for those who aren't savvy this can be a major problem which could wind up discouraging ppl from using this awesome program. It'll get overshadowed by "bad press" ... on the flip side, situations like these could force ppl to become more astute, discerning and discriminate "users" overall, trial by fire. You have a computer, learn to use it effectively. You have an ISP, beware and learn how to browse and download appropriately.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#354 Old 21st May 2016 at 3:53 PM
woww thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#355 Old 22nd May 2016 at 7:51 PM
This just saved my Sims 4 Game!! But does this also work for Sims 3???
Test Subject
#356 Old 27th May 2016 at 9:08 PM
It won't even allow me to upgrade the program, is there a way to upgrade?
Test Subject
#357 Old 29th May 2016 at 2:59 PM
Is this still being worked on because I seriously need that viewer panel other than that the program is great
Test Subject
#358 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 4:04 AM
Please tell me this works for the 6/2 update because my game is all kinds of broken now and I have over a thousand items of CC, so sorting it all out could take ages :'(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#359 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:09 AM
THANK YOU
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#360 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 9:11 AM
Thank Youuuuu Very Very Much
Test Subject
#361 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by biomassdragon
Hey uh does anyone know how to download the files without WinRAR because that costs a lot of money and looks pretty shady to me..... also do I just copy and paste the files into my mods folder or to I have to do something more complicated I am very confused and have no idea what I'm doing.....if someone could please reply that would be super great because I haven't played the game in like 5-6 months because the mods keep crashing it.....thanks

Try using 7-Zip. I have Windows 10 on my computer and 7-zip has been a lifesaver for me because I couldn't afford WinRAR either. I will admit that the controls of 7-zip take a bit of getting used to because it's a little different, but all you ever really need is the "extract" button and the drop down menu usually has the path to some of your most commonly used folders already saved. The drop-down menu has saved me so much time in 7-zip vs. WinRAR. As far as these files go, I simply created a new folder on my desktop to store these in and then ran the .exe file straight from the folder on the desktop. I didn't put this one into the mods folder, as it is not a mod. Hope this helps.

Come back soon, OP!
Test Subject
#362 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 2:26 AM
It doesn't open for me.. Is there anything i can do?
Lab Assistant
#363 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 8:01 PM
how can i update this? the download site is down
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#364 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:47 PM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#365 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by biomassdragon

You can get WinRAR 100% free and you do need a software than can unzip the files so it can be extracted, WinRAR is easier. also the coflict detector is easy to use also after you unzip,click the icon and it starts up a page,if it cant find your folder you have to do it manually, click full scan after you have. hope this helped a bit
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#366 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 9:18 AM
update?
Test Subject
#367 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 6:28 PM
This program tells me all of my files are duplicates so yeah... not sure if i can trust it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#368 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:25 PM
I've wanted something this for a very long time, and it works so well! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#369 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 9:13 AM
Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#370 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:46 PM
The program tell me to update to 1.9.10.9063 but the download link is down...
Test Subject
#371 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 5:34 PM
is there any way that we could get the update for this? As mentioned, it says there is an update Mod Conflict Detector Upgrade to version 1.9.10.9063
however the file does not exist....
thank you for your work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#372 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 6:01 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#373 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 5:27 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#374 Old 26th Jun 2016 at 10:23 PM
When I try to use your mod by putting it in my folder the mod conflict detector symbol that your suppose to click on is not on there. What should I do?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#375 Old 27th Jun 2016 at 3:40 AM
Thank you for this. I have been looking for something like this.
Page 15 of 39