Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 11:46 AM
Default Light Problem With Walls
Hi all,
it's a bit of time that I try to make a custom texture for a wall for The Sims 3. I use TSR WorkShop like this:
- I take an existent wall (with less colors possible)
- I remove all the Patterns
- I import my texture (a .dds file of 256X512) in the "Stencil A"

Now I have my wall but there is a one more problem: under my new texture, I can see the bas-relief of the precedent wall!

I try also to change the material of the Mesh but, also that i remove this problem, when i try to insert the wall in a open ambient in-game, the wall become very unmade or also become reflecting, like a mirror! When I can, I'll post a screenshot about this last problem.

Reflecting Problem:

Thanks to everyone will help me, and sorry for my bad English....I'm Italian

#2 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 11:54 PM
Why don't you use a regular wall instead of a bathroom wall?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:42 PM
What wall have I to use? Because the most have the bas-relief like my first image and I want to find a flat wall.
Thank you, see you soon.

#4 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 6:49 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 7:59 PM
Can you make a better explanation?
If with "all three images" you mind the 3 texture, I remove 2 texture of 3, and I'm working with only 1 texture.

#6 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 1:50 AM
Not the presets but the images that define the pattern.

Your pattern has 4 images, the mask, specular, multiplier and bump. See Sims_3:0x00B2D882wiki for more information, it doesn't show the bump map as objects don't have this, only walls/floors. Three of those are grey/white scaled image that have the tiles "grout" marks on each layer and the alpha layer. You need to adjust those three images to have the "grout" marks to line up with your image. The 4th image (RGB one) is the mask and defines the recolorable areas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2010 at 1:28 PM
Ok, I understand......I will try and I will tell you the results!
Thank you, see you soon.

#8 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 5:07 PM
Nothing....I edited what you tell me, but I have the same problem, or worse.....I tried also to use a normal wall of tapestry but the bas-relief remain.....At this point, can anyone make a white wall that I can edit without problem? Sorry, but it's the only idea that I haved.