Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:02 PM
Default help! my sims can't get pregnant!
i have a hero queen. I've been trying to get a girl daughter but she's only had 3 boys. now she can't get pregnant no matter how hard i try. I've tried switching partners and when that didn't work, i switched the blacksmith and his wife and SHE can't get pregnant. is a kingdom only allowed 3 children?

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:04 PM
Default Sims can't get pregnant
I'm not sure if there is a limit per kingdom. My Monarch and my Merchant had two children, (both girls) and then she quit getting pregnant. Then I switched to my Spy and she had three girls with three different guys and then quit getting pregnant no matter how many love interests I tried with. So, my kingdom currently has five Hero's children. I would like to know what it is that sets the limit (if there is one) and how to get around it. I was really going for a TON of kids lol
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:04 PM
If there is a limit, it is not 3. My merchant alone has begotten 6 children with different townswomen.

Your queen has 3 sons, and celticflame723 says that her femals sype had 3 girls, before she stopped to get pregnant. So maybe there is a limit of 3 children per woman
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 4:30 AM
Default Update
So, update on the children thing. Apparently three isn't the limit either. My Spy has had three children, but my Merchant now has four. She is the mother of all four of them with the Monarch as the father of all four children. I accomplished this by divorcing and splitting up the households and then re-marrying and having a new child. I did this twice to get two per Hero, using the same heros. So, a little bit of game manipulation I think, however, that four is going to be the limit for the same couple as it appears that each marriage can only have two children. Still trying with the spy to get more, no luck so far...she's never been married.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:58 AM Last edited by meganracoon : 29th Mar 2011 at 6:58 AM. Reason: typo*
strange as according to the game guide

"You may only have two children at a time. If you
try to have more, the WooHoo is for recreation
only. However, if a marriage produces a family
with more than two children, the “oldest” of the
children will just sorta...disappear."

also lol: "Beware of sending your child into the forest too often
to collect free meat. Kids are sometimes eaten by
bears. To emphasize, that’s devoured—not injured.
Children do not survive random bear attacks."
Giblets for hire
#6 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:09 AM
I don't see any inherent limit on pregnancy / births, but apparently beds have a tunable property that is used as a base pregnancy chance.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 11:07 AM
That is really strange, now one of my simmies decided she won't have more than 2 babies. My mencharnt (male) does have 4 and none of them disappeared. Maybe after each pregnancy there is a change für the sim to become infertile? I will test the hint with the beds. One of my sims hasn't got pregant yet despite promiscuous woohooing in the tent, so either she is very lucky, or has the means to get certain herbs or pieces of goat gut ... or it has something to do with the tent. Maybe it is so incovenient, or the man does not feel quite comfortable behind thin fabric walls, that he cannot "concentrate" and this lowers the chance of pregnancy

I see a lot of testing coming
Giblets for hire
#8 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 11:36 AM
I was wrong.

To be eligible for pregnancy:
- A 50% chance must succeed.
- The woman's household must have under four members. This includes other pregnancies in the same household.
- The woman must not marked for death.
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 4:44 AM
I have not seen any of my children disappear either. I still can easily locate all four my Merchant and Monarch have had as well as the three my Spy have had. They all eventually sleep in their beds too.