Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 8:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted byAustin0331
I think they really went overboard with Twinbrook. Not only is probably half of the entire sims players going to cheat and see all the desceased sims (which are green for some reason), and see what they did, but went all out on hundreds of new world objects.......

They're green? OK...I'm one of those sims players! What is the cheat? - please.

Also I agree with aeval99 and FridaKahlo [favourite artist] that Twinbrook is really beautiful. It has an eerie quality that is refreshing after all the sparkling clean, happy little towns. Don't get me wrong I do like the other worlds but being from another country it's intriguing to play the game in this type of landscape that I'm assuming is the southern part of the US. Please forgive me if I'm being incorrect.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 9:25 AM
I haven't played the game but I think it's that if you resurrect a premade sim, they'll come back with a delicious zombie green tinge colour skin.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:20 PM
I think that they are supposed to be goblins or some such. I resurrected Fly Bayless and he came back with green skin, purple makeup, big ears, and a bulbous nose. He looked more like some sort of ugly fairy than a zombie. I noticed that the other ugly dude (forget his name) is red skin-toned, and crazy, maybe they are some sort of monsters created by the local scientists? Or perhaps the scientists came here and blocked the area off so they could experiment on the goblin-people? Sadly, Fly is borked and comes back to life with no history and he crashes my game when I try to edit him, so no further info can be gotten from him by me. :P

(Also, you can resurrect by getting the opportunity to add them to the family through the science facility. It's a random opportunity that only show up after you have made friends with the ghost. Give them Ambrosia and they will come back to life.)
Scholar
#29 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
They're green? OK...I'm one of those sims players! What is the cheat? - please.

Also I agree with aeval99 and FridaKahlo [favourite artist] that Twinbrook is really beautiful. It has an eerie quality that is refreshing after all the sparkling clean, happy little towns. Don't get me wrong I do like the other worlds but being from another country it's intriguing to play the game in this type of landscape that I'm assuming is the southern part of the US. Please forgive me if I'm being incorrect.
Yes it's very similar to some landscapes in our southern wetlands. I've only seen that type of land in some swampy areas of the Carolinas (both North and South Carolina) and the Spanish moss clogging the trees is very realistic. It's just the color of the soil and plants in Twinbrook that is off from what I've seen in reality. The marshes of the Carolinas are still regular green and regular brown. It can look sick in places, especially where there is factory runoff. But it's not the odd greenish-yellow color except maybe in bits and pieces where the long grass turns golden from too much sun in the hottest months of the summer or where "normal" sludge accumulates very heavily. If you back away from the marsh and get to the dry ground it's all regular green again.

That's what's different about Twinbrook, the whole town is an odd color even up on the higher ground. It looks like it once was soaked with toxic sludge. Again, it reminds me of what's going on down in the Gulf. Is that what the marshlands and swamps of the Gulf states are going to look like to the next generation? I have to admit though, for all I know, that's what they look like normally. Maybe in the deep south, the marshes and swamps are that odd green-yellow color. I can only speak for what I see in the Carolinas when I go vacationing every summer.

Given the mainstream and alternative news headlines of the past year it was oddly prescient of the game developers to make this town with its earthquakes and marshland that looks drenched in toxicity.

I think it's also funny that the "neurotic" sims are the ones who go off about conspiracy theories. Conspiracy buffs are really sensitive about being labeled neurotic, for one thing, so the game is really poking them in the ribs about this. Then, there are all sorts of signs, symbols and references embedded in the entire Sims series to keep conspiracy buffs entertained (and paranoid) for as long as the franchise lasts!

The plumb-bob itself can be interpreted as some type of Illuminati symbol, for example. I myself took ages to notice that. I noticed it by accident when I came in at an odd angle on the Military building in either Sunset Valley or RiverView--I don't remember which, and saw only half the plumb bob symbol on the building and thought at first I was looking at a pyramid. For conspiracy buffs pyramids are one of the major Illuminati symbols. They take it as some sort of secret society stamp. Anyway I pulled the camera back and saw it was just the top half of the plumb-bob. I'm not the most observant person, either, so it amused me to finally realize that the plumb bob is composed of one pyramid on top of an upside down version of itself. Which in itself reflects another tenet of some group of Illuminati. I think it's "As above, so below". Don't ask me to explain what that means. I don't remember. I think it's something to do with how the "powers that be" supposedly mirror certain plots or structures or symbolism in whatever it is that they do.

It's like the whole game is in inside joke playfully mocking the conspiracy theorists and alternative news sites. I think the joke was most obvious in the handheld version of Sims2 that I played on PSP years ago. In it, at one point the Sim becomes almost aware of the plumb bob and of being controlled.

It would be funny, in a sick way, if Sims really were a creation of the Illuminati to keep us unwashed masses glued to our computers and unaware of the nefarious events unfolding around us.

Cue the theme from X-Files or Twilight Zone. Take your pick!

An no, I don't believe that, by the way. I think maybe it's a creation of some nerds who are very aware of the content of the conspiracy theory communities and alternative news sites, though, and love to have fun with the whole deal.

Okay, sorry, back on topic, has anyone noticed that the nights in Twinbrook often don't get very dark. I sometimes get confused and think it's still daylight when in fact it's the middle of the night there. There seems to be a permanent glow in the atmosphere of Twinbrook.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Scholar
#30 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 6:06 AM
Ive noticed in twinbrooks that some of the houses have like open areas fenced up, as if farm animals were suppose to be there. Hope theres a reason for that...
Banned
#31 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:21 PM
I think I know why Twinbrook is quarantined:

Sludge (youtube video)

^ Look at how much sludge is spilling into the water!!!
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:40 AM
Looking over the town, it reminded me alot of a the "Swamp Fever" level in Left 4 Dead 2. :o I really can't play in Twinbrook, because it gets so eerie in the marshy area that I half expect a swarm of zombies to run in and start munching on my Sims' brains.

People have made observations about how the entire town seems sickly looking. Someone else mentioned the Oblongs, my town looks like that! The marshes are nasty and the upper class area, even the lighting and Sun come out. The marsh is so dark, grey and foggy, but crossing over is such a drastic change. I love the green part of Twinbrook, but I just can't help but feel sometimes that it's the settign for some Zombie Apocalypse movie or something. X3
Instructor
#33 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
I think I know why Twinbrook is quarantined:

Sludge (youtube video)

^ Look at how much sludge is spilling into the water!!!

I think this is the answer to what is wrong with Twinbrook. It would explain the barred-off roads (nice catch!), the odd-looking Sims and the sickly green ghosts. A disaster of this magnitude (that's a LOT of sludge) would cause some major problems.

Summersong has the right of it, as well - this is NOT a healthy-looking swamp. The colors are just ever-so-slightly off.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 6:32 AM
Have you seen the movie called The Crazies? That was filmed in Twinbrook about Twinbrook and reenacted by humans.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:48 PM
Well there's either a LOT of cowplants (or one which grew legs) or there was a major illness:

Quote:
Death by Cowplant: Sim appears light green. If the cowplant is still there, the Sim will taunt it with a slab of meat. Additionally, if someone drank the Sim's life essence, the ghost will be angry at that Sim.
Death by illness: Sim appears green. Occasionally, these ghosts will grasp their throat and start coughing, re-enacting their death.

Unless I'm reading the wrong thing. I havent seen a green ghost yet, are you guys sure it's not just what colour they are for the ghoosthunter career? Or maybe green is the colour for "Indian burial ground" type thing?

Though I havent seen any illness, and I havent seen anything contagious (or a cowplant) so maybe it's "something to come"? I saw plenty of illness in the Sims 2 but hardly nothing with the Sims 3. I'd really love a "missfortune" stuff pack, full of illnesses, disorders, mutations, the missing negative moodlets, etc.

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:55 PM
I meant to say that when you resurrect some of the dead Sims their skin color in CAS is Green. They also seem to have big ears, bulbous noses etc. They do not look or seem entirely human. Try bringing back Fly Bayless and looking at him. So NOT human, plus the Bayless family's histories all seem to point to mysterious origins somewhere deep in the swamp. ooOOOoooo. LOL
Test Subject
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:24 AM
i agree that it sucks how they dropped a lot of the features from Sims two in fact most time im playing Sims three and complaining one of the things that really bug me are the babies they were a millions times better in Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 1:26 AM
I wonder if Twinbrook turns out to be Strangetown a la Sunset Valley is Pleasantview. Judging by the dryness of the swamp areas, it could be that the land ended up dry. Add the greeness and weirdness of the people plus the Curious family in the mix...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by grillcheesesammich : 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM.
I keep hitting my day/night switch button in build mode only to realize I'm already in daylight, so gloomy! I think my sims will get s.a.d. if they remain there longer so I'm packing them up to some tropical custom world for some R&R.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:33 AM
For what erinmblair said -
Twinbrook IS past strangetown. Like how Sunset Valley is past Plesantview and Riverview is past Veronaville (That one is up for questioning, as there are no family names supporting that one, however, the geography is the most similar, as well as the shots in both games prominently featuring a river that runs down the center of the town).
But for Sunset Valley, it's beyond obvious. You have the Goths, Landgrabbs (who, if everyone remembers, was the single obnoxiously rich guy in the Plesantview-geared OFB neighborhood), the Bunch family (with a living, breathing father who didn't drown in a 2x3 pool! :D), and Don freaking Lothario. The Altos are a familiar name to me but I'm less concrete on them (while for the rest I can remember their lots down to the square), but I haven't played TS2 in ages now, so feel free to correct me if they were from somewhere different and I'm totally full of bull hokey.

The fact that the Curious family is in Twinbrook is all the proof I need. That and the various odly-skinned people that just sort of meander around. And the fact that you can see one of the two earthen walls that made up the canyon Strangetown sort of chilled in.

It makes one wonder how they went from swamps to super-desert, dosen't it?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akemi_Idane
Twinbrook IS past strangetown. Like how Sunset Valley is past Plesantview and Riverview is past Veronaville (That one is up for questioning, as there are no family names supporting that one, however, the geography is the most similar, as well as the shots in both games prominently featuring a river that runs down the center of the town).
But for Sunset Valley, it's beyond obvious. You have the Goths, Landgrabbs (who, if everyone remembers, was the single obnoxiously rich guy in the Plesantview-geared OFB neighborhood), the Bunch family (with a living, breathing father who didn't drown in a 2x3 pool! :D), and Don freaking Lothario. The Altos are a familiar name to me but I'm less concrete on them (while for the rest I can remember their lots down to the square), but I haven't played TS2 in ages now, so feel free to correct me if they were from somewhere different and I'm totally full of bull hokey.

The fact that the Curious family is in Twinbrook is all the proof I need. That and the various odly-skinned people that just sort of meander around. And the fact that you can see one of the two earthen walls that made up the canyon Strangetown sort of chilled in.

The Alto's are a brand new family created for Sims 3, they weren't in Sims 2 or Sims 1.

I don't think it's as clean cut as that. Meaning Sunset Valley is Pleasantview and and Twinbrook is Strangetown. It's more like they're neighboring towns or something and the families that once lived in Sunset Valley/Twinbrook moved on to Pleasantview/Strangetown.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 6:49 AM
Two of the buydebug items that came with ambitions really creeped me out -

the sculpture of the fish stuck out of the water
the "old boat". The description was along the lines of "This boat has been abandoned for a long time. It's remaining uses are almost non-exsistant."

Makes me think that maybe it might be a little clue that Twinbrook might've dried up and became strangetown.
Maybe the people in Twinbrook are ugly because of the toxic fumes and water passing on from generation to generation...the begining of aliens maybe? :P

But there are so many random items in there that I can't really be sure. Most likely, they just added that stuff for no real reason.
Instructor
#43 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:26 AM
Has anyone discovered the "Young house" in Twinbrook?
I mean, if you are a Desperate Housewives fan, you can recognize the house where originally Mary Alice, Paul and their son lived. It's somewhere, well, if the beach is south, the Young house is somewhere up north.
Alchemist
#44 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:01 PM Last edited by calisims : 10th Aug 2010 at 4:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Akemi_Idane

The Bunch family isn't based on anyone in TS2 either, they are based on The Brady Bunch. If you are thinking of the Brokes, they are in Riverview in TS3. TS2's Brandi Broke was the daughter of Bob and Bettie Newbie (from TS1). Bob Newbie is a teen in Riverview, and Betty Simovitch, his future wife, is a child there. Skip Broke, Brandi's future husband is a child in the Broke family compound.
I doubt Riverview is supposed to be Veronaville, which had families based on Romeo and Juliet, and Midsummer Night's Dream.
Theorist
#45 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 3:39 PM
Yeah I see no connection of Riverview & Veronaville, Veronaville is extremely old fashioned with Tudor homes and families that have been there for many generations.... not to mention they look nothing alike

I think SV & PV are similar but they are not the same town (obviously), they are probably very close together and so that could be why you see some of the same families

Remember that people can move, it's fairly rare for a family to live in the same town for 50 years.....

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#46 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
The Bunch family isn't based on anyone in TS2 either, they are based on The Brady Bunch. If you are thinking of the Brokes, they are in Riverview in TS3. TS2's Brandi Broke was the daughter of Bob and Bettie Newbie (from TS1). Bob Newbie is a teen in Riverview, and Betty Simovitch, his future wife, is a child there. Skip Broke, Brandi's future husband is a child in the Broke family compound.
I doubt Riverview is supposed to be Veronaville, which had families based on Romeo and Juliet, and Midsummer's Night Dream.

Oh, crud. xD
I totally missed that, sorry (The sims 2 geneology. I uninstalled the game a long time ago and I must have forgotten).
Okay nevermind, I lied, they're not the game. But the similarities are there.
And like I said, Riverview is the odd one out.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 4:13 PM
Maybe it's quarantined because of the spirits infestation...
Also, have anyone noticed the distant city skyline at the edge of Twinbrook? Perhaps a nod to Late Night? Also the ghosts in medieval outfits seems out of place for me, considering Twinbrook is based on southern U.S. region.
Theorist
#48 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 5:21 PM
Death by Cowplant: Sim appears light green. If the cowplant is still there, the Sim will taunt it with a slab of meat.

^^ What's all that about? Cowplants are just mini deco in TS3 aren't they?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Death by Cowplant: Sim appears light green. If the cowplant is still there, the Sim will taunt it with a slab of meat.

^^ What's all that about? Cowplants are just mini deco in TS3 aren't they?

Someone simply got their Sims 2 info and Sims 3 info mixed up.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:56 AM
What I found strange was that when I poked around looking in some of the houses, I found one home that had a basement .In the basement it looked as if it was some type of resturant because it had these big tables with lots of chairs and four stoves. I dont get the purpose of that?
Page 2 of 4