Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 10:06 PM
Default Graphic card sudden issues...?
I have a new laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4530 Series graphics card. The sims 3 has been running perfectly on it until now...

This happened. The hair went like this and the plants looked blurry. I tried getting out of the game and restarting my computer but it didn't help.

Every time I go into the sims though, it tells me they strongly suggest I update my video card driver. I have tried to do this but can't find a specific driver download for my exact card. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as I have no idea what to do about this now! Thanks.

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Advertisement
Helptato
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 10:35 PM
Integrated graphics chips don't like Sims 3.
Try turning your graphics down.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...nG=Search&meta=
^Lots of results for drivers for your card. Try those.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM
Please post the rest of your system specs: Game Help:System Specswiki. Is this a laptop?

It looks like drivers for your graphics are only available as part of the mobo/chipset drivers, so please don't install any new drivers until you've provided us the rest of your system specs so we can find the right place to get them from.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:19 PM
I fiddled about with my graphic card settings and it seemed to work when I set it back to default. But I'm still interested to know more about my laptop etc -

My specs are;
Windows Vista Home Premium, service pack 1.
Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
Model: HP Paviliion dv6 Notebook PC
Rating: 4.6
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65 2.10GHz
Memory (RAM): 3.00GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 11:25 PM
We need more info than that - please use dxdiag as instructed in the FAQ.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:47 AM
It's okay, that's all the info I need. And the 4530 is far from an IGP. It's a fully dedicated card that previous users have had good success with coupled with a dual core CPU, like yours. However, your notebook is notorious for overheating. It's likely that its overheating and this overheating could have caused damage.

Here is your video driver:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...os=2093&lang=en

Install that first, then restart your computer. Then I would like to check for overheating. Please download and run this program: http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php Leave it running while you play the game. You will want to play the game at least 20min. Then close the game, and screencap the program (don't just save a log) and post the image here.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:43 AM
Go to Catalyst settings and disable Adaptive Anti Aliasing
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 12:14 AM
I had that problem and fiddled with the resolution I had the screen at. Apparently my card couldn't handle certain sizes.

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nandonalt
Go to Catalyst settings and disable Adaptive Anti Aliasing

Good idea. Go to Catalyst (software that controls your video card) and screen out all your 3D settings. Try disabling Adaptive Anti Aliasing like Nandonalt said. And if it does not work, screen all other 3D settings and change them to "Use application setting" or something of that nature. This will give more controls to TS3 on rendering graphic instead of allowing your video card to force instructions on TS3.

Also, try to play in Window mode. That can be done in TS3 Options setting. Try that and see if same error appears.

Quote: Originally posted by KeiraLou
I fiddled about with my graphic card settings and it seemed to work when I set it back to default. But I'm still interested to know more about my laptop etc -

Did you mean your problem is solved? Congratulations. I guess I missed reading this part.