Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 11:08 PM
Computer Curious...
So I'm looking at getting a laptop (not desktop) because I was ordered to install the Sims2 from the laptop it was on. So I've been checking out ebay and cnet reviews, but I want to make sure I actually make the right choice. So here's what I would like, if some people who use laptops would post models and specs so that I can get a good idea of what I should buy. If anyone has any suggestions, they are greatly appreciated. I'm not looking for a new, uber-awesome system, just something reliable that will last through college and some other stuff. Thanks very much!
~Drew Cricket
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 11:55 PM
Please have a read through the stickies, especially the 'Help Upgrading or Building/Buying a New Computer' sticky. There you will find generally what to look for, as well as specific laptops which should handle the game well. If you still have questions after reading the stickies then let us know.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:25 PM
I did read through it and I felt that while it was very informative, I really want the RL opinion, becasue I got TS2 to run on a computer without one of those special video cards.
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 6:40 PM
I don't know what you mean by "RL" but that guide was written by the staff here based on many years of combined experience. You may have been able to get by on less but there is a reason why we post recommendations that we do. Sometimes people can make the game work on an under powered machine for a time, but eventually things will catch up to you and worse case scenario is it could hurt the machine. We cannot in good conscious recommend less, so it's up to you whether or not you want to take the advice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 5:30 PM
well, it occured to me the entirety of my situation, and now I feel stupid, cause really I don't need a brand new laptop, I can just get a used desktop and give it to my sister when I go to college. Wow, I just feel really dumb now, sorry. It's just I haven't been able to play for almost three months and it's starting to drive me crazy, I've got this great wall set all ready for creation, and I figured out how to recolor hair, so yup, solved my problem. thanks!