Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:39 PM
Default Multible Candle-Flames for a Xmas-Crown
Hello Guy's

I need help please! I want to meshing a Xmas-crown with 4 candles with different height. I have meshed four Candles alone to test it in game. The candles are okay, but the flame it's between of the candles.
How can i multible the flames and edit the different height of this?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:35 PM
When you say X-mas crown...do you mean a crown that goes on a Sim's head?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:50 PM
Lol, no, that's not, what i mean. http://www.sims2marktplatz.net/foru...eid=2808&lim=20
Use this link, than you can see, what i mean.
It's a advent-crown, i want refresh this for sims 3

Greets Cat
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM
What a lovely advent wreath...and an ambitious project. What are you using for your clone?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:07 PM
In sims 3? I have cloned the only one candle in this game with a really flame and not a bulb. The candle has only a one static-texture. Thats okay. But i have problems with the flames. You can see, that the candles have different heights and different positions as the original.
The flames are not aviable in MLOD- and MODL-files. So i don't know, how i can change the positions. Do you understand me?
Sorry, my english it's not so good.
Thank you for the compliments.

Greets Cat
Alchemist
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:32 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: add picture
I understand you with no problem...your English is fine...and I'm sure it is much better than I would be able to speak your first language

When you say you are working with the only candle in the game with a real flame do you mean the decorative candle? I don't know how to work with the decorative candle.

But there is another real candle flame object...the Bawdy Candle. I've been able to duplicate the flame and move its height and position without difficulty.

I don't know enough about using the alpha to know if this would be a solution to the problem of using the decorative candle. But I'm wondering if it wouldn't be possible to create your wreath on a small table and have that all a single object. Then with the two recolorable channels the Bawdy Candle object has you could have the table be on one recolorable channel and the wreath + candle be on the second which you make unrecolorable with an alpha.

Again, I don't know enough about how the alphas work to know if you can do this with an object that has no unrecolorable alpha to begin with. But I thought I would throw it out there to see if someone else has some thoughts on the idea.

This is an object based on that Bawdy Candle that I'm working on. Please forgive the bad texture...this is only my proof of concept object. But see what I mean about making the candles be on a table? The only problem you would have is making it so that the wreath portion was wreath colored.

A second idea you could try...use a table lamp and simply reshape the light bulb so that it looks more like a candle flame, then duplicate and move into place. Perhaps this would be easier?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:11 AM
Om I have a question which is the bawdy candle excuse my noobness
I have multi candles I want to convert again and would love to be able to have the flames to go with it I tried with that one single table candle in misc deco but failed
Alchemist
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:14 AM
It is the floor candle...the EA floor candle. But, again, if you're wanting your candles to go on a surface I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to use a table lamp and simply reshape the bulb so that it looks like a flame. This way you would be able to keep the hop-on-surface attribute of the lamp but have the thing end up looking like candles.

No problem with noobness...lol...I'm completely new to this myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
Oh so it's easy, i know, how to make it. But the flames are not flicker, not alive. They are static and this is not this, what i want.
OMG sometimes i hate sims 3, to many details from sims 2 are missing.
Thank you for helping me.

Jillian, thats my problem too.

Greets cat
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:32 AM
I don't like how they don't flicker too. There are many things about this new game to love but others we just have to tolerate.

Glad to help...wish I had bettter answers. But the lack of flicker on the Bawdy Candle is why I think it might be easier to go with a table lamp for what you want to create. It wouldn't really make a difference since none of the candles, including the decorative one, have a pleasing flicker.

EA shouldn't have taken away our flicker...but they did. I guess they don't understand the importance of detail. I can guess the gender of the person who designed the flickerless candles...lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:05 AM
Oh, the gender of this person must be male. Women (i'm also a woman) have more love for details.
Do not missunderstand me, i love sims 3, it's a graphical highlight, the game play it's also fine. But sometimes i think, why the candles no flicker , the sims can doors and drawers from the counter not open, not bathe the baby's and so what.
Alchemist
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:30 AM
"Oh, the gender of this person must be male"

Lol...exactly my point. God love 'em...I know I do ...but, yes...it could only be a man who thinks an unanimated flickerless candle is appealing.