Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:50 PM
Default Norton is blocking cookies
I'm trying to download some skins for my sims, but whenever I click on the link it just brings up an error window saying no cookies can be found, and one of the things that could be wrong is if you have Norton Internet Security, which I have. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to allow cookies or whatever it is I need to do. Helllp please!
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:56 PM
My suggestion is to get rid of Norton. Norton is a terrible resource hog and known to cause numerous different operating system problems, as well as conflicts with the Sims games. There are other FREE AVs which work better than Norton and do not cause such issues. I would recommend Avast! or Avira.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:40 AM
I don't have Norton on my comp and I'm still getting this message
shiny!
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 3:43 AM
Try clearing your cookies, then logging out, closing all browser windows, and then trying to log back in. You also need to make sure whatever browser you are using has cookies enabled. You can also try a different browser. I use FireFox.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 9:36 AM
Norton is rubbish, i gave up with it a couple of years ago, it causes all sorts of problems (including slowing down your pc and internet browsing in general). I use avast, its free and does a better job than norton
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
My suggestion is to get rid of Norton. Norton is a terrible resource hog and known to cause numerous different operating system problems, as well as conflicts with the Sims games. There are other FREE AVs which work better than Norton and do not cause such issues. I would recommend Avast! or Avira.

well, I'm using avira and I have the same problem with the site telling me that there cant be any cookies found! this just happened all of a sudden, it used to work before, i downloaded loads of stuff already. but now im totally freaked out that it doesnt work anymore. sorry for bothering you with my aggrivation though
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 2:06 PM
Quote:
well, I'm using avira and I have the same problem with the site telling me that there cant be any cookies found! this just happened all of a sudden, it used to work before, i downloaded loads of stuff already. but now im totally freaked out that it doesnt work anymore. sorry for bothering you with my aggrivation though

I get the same problem. Using Avira and Firefox. I had tried allow cookies in Firefox, turn off/deactive Avira and allow modthesims.info in browser else Avira, but it still not works...
Help me too. Thx a lot ~"~