Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 3:29 AM
Default Net Framework 3.5 help?
I need this for the Installer Monkey for the Sims 3 and everytime I try to install it it says at the top..."Setup Error" yes just that and I have windows Vista. I've tried 4 different versions of Net Framework 3.5 and they all said the same "Setup Error" I need help...I really loved this website on the Sims 2 before my computer broke and all Sims 2 stuff was lost I then got a new laptop and I only have the Sims 3 on this one. I'm dissapointed that all I can't download things because EA made it harder please help me! The only thing I've succcesfully downloaded and installed on this website was a house.

Also please tell me if I downloaded this in the right section because I was really confused about posting and all...
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:46 PM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Sep 2009 at 7:07 PM.
1:Uninstall your broken installer Monkey.

??

These instructions are for XP.

Open internet explorer.

Click on TOOLS
Select Windows UPDATE
When it finishes churning, click the CUSTOM button
When that finishes, look through the OPTIONAL software stuff for .net framework 3.5
download and install that.

NOTE 1: You must have a registered and validated copy of Windows to get downloads from Microsoft.

Note 2: You may need to install other items first, like the validated software tool and malicious software removal tool and previous versions of .net framework., etc.

----------------------------------

I won't be at a Vista machine till Monday. This is from memory, so you may have to poke around a little.

Open Vista, click Start
Click Control Panel
Select Windows Updates

It will tell you if you are current. Look through the list to see if you've installed .net framework 3.5 with SP1.

If it's broken. go to Microsoft.com and select support. Poke around until you find .net framework 3.5 with Sp1.

Download it
THEN install it.

NOTE 3: If your copy of .Net Framework 3.5 is broken, UNINSTALL IT. REBOOT and then install a fresh copy. Even though it doesn't say so, it's always good to reboot to clear the cache and registry.