Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 2:15 AM
Installing Sims 3 To D: Drive
Hello all, I have been searching for answers to my problems everywhere, I hope someone here can help me. I have a computer with a second drive ( D: Drive) I want to install my sims 3 game to it and not to C: drive. My D: Drive has absolutely nothing on it at all but 291gb of free space. It has no files on it or nothing. I want to use that drive to play the sims on it but I can't seem to do it properly if it can even be done. I tried to install it on D: drive. It seemed to work except I could not download my custom content from the sims 3 site. I looked in program files on c: drive and saw a EA folder had somehow installed even after I directed the download to D: drive. It was the folder that holds the saved games/sims/CC. I really want to find out if what I want to do can be done or not, and if so how do I do it? I have a vista home premium edition if that helps.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 3:01 PM
First up, saved games, sims, and CC are not stored in the same folder. What's the path of this folder?

You say you can't download stuff from the sims 3 site - why not? What goes wrong?

On a side note, if you're going to use the Exchange for downloading content, I suggest you use a testing folder for new content until you know it works, so that when you download something that crashes your game it's not such a pain to root it out.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.