Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 6:00 PM Last edited by Nukael : 6th Dec 2009 at 10:45 PM.
Default Texture on custom object appears black in game, need help
Hi!

So I'm working on this object, which is cloned from the butter coffee table, because I needed part glass, part not-glass. The mesh I made myself.

So what happens is that in game the mesh just looks black, as you can see in the image. Anyone has had this happen before or an idea what might be causing it? Al recolors stay black too...

I uv mapped the mesh correctly.

Thanks!
Screenshots

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 11:03 PM
I think this thread might be relevant to your problem...different object but same issue perhaps? Give it a read.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=371157
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 9:07 PM
Thanks for your reply! I tried correcting the alpha's, even making a package that didn't change the texture (just the mesh), but it's a no-go, the object keeps appearing black in game.

If someone wants to take a look at the package to see what's going wrong here, as I'm out of ideas.

Thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Nukael_CrystalBallStand.rar (552.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content

This space intentionally left blank...
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:13 AM
Nukael the package above contains a sidetable mesh. Is this the one you wanted to post?