Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 1:11 PM
Default How would one combine two sims 2 textures into one?
Some things in the sims 2 have 2 textures, such as the Morrocan sofa/loveseat, this is my problem. I need to combine these two textures into one, so that I can convert them for sims 3. In the sims 3, all the textures come as one. So how would I go about combining 2 textures into one texture for use with sims 3? I figure there must be something involved with UV mapper perhaps, just not sure how to go about doing it.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 8:52 PM
Ok, either my post was eaten or I hadn't had near enough caffeine.

Most furniture conversions will require remapping since ts2 uses mirrored textures which don't look all that great in ts3. To get two subsets to use the same texture you will need to map both to parts of one texture.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 12:44 AM
Just adding to that that it is possible to "slave" one texture image to another. I know it's possible, because some objects do it. Unfortunately, it's not a process I've ever managed to get my head around. The only time I needed it, I asked Numenor to do it for me.

There are probably some notes in the InfoCenter if you feel like hunting them down though.
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 8:23 AM
hmm no modding info center didn't help very much. If Numenor reads this sometime, maybe he could write up a tutorial on how to do it. Doubtful though, since he's never here (it seems like).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 3:04 PM
Not everything has a tutorial, and it's highly doubtful anyone will write a specific tutorial for you. There are tutorials for uvmapping in most of the object creation tutorials, you just have to adapt them to what you are doing. There is also a tutorial by Numenor for uvmapping in UVMapper classic. Read the tutorials and follow along with whatever object is being mapped.

Take subset a and map to top half of texture, take subset b and map to bottom half of texture. That is pretty much it. In ts3 all subsets or channels use a single texture. For more help in meshing and creating objects, you need to look in TS3:Meshing at the tutorials.

I'm also moving to TS3 Meshing since that is what this is about.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 3:10 AM
Numenor drops by occasionally, but has pretty much retired from modding.