Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 10:01 AM
Default Invisible window : problem
I try to make new window since a while but I've always the same problem...
My window looks fine in the outside of the house but inside (the other side) it's quite invisible .... I've tried to change window to clone but I've always the same result ...
I don't understand why ...
I've modified the mask, specular, grayscale and overlay when it was necessary and the images for the wall too ...

Leecester said to me that she has the same problem but I've seen some new mesh of windows yet so it's possible to do, but how ?

If someone has an idea ...

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 1:06 PM
could it be possible that you have made your window mesh less wide on one side? That is the only thing I can think of about this.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 1:36 PM
Re-hi,
In fact, on the "invisible " side, I can see the glass, braces and my handle. I just can't see the frame.
by looking for a solution, I saw that Hazuitokage had the same problem too, but I didn't find a solution on the forum ...
Has somebody already do a playable window ? Isn't it possible ?

Créa Sims 3

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:17 PM
If your mesh is invisible it may be that your groups are not in the correct order and the inside is taking the texture from the shadow texture. I have noticed that all objects have the shadow as a different group. In one it might be group00 and another group 01. Some windows have a lot of groups and they can easily get mixed up. Try re-cloning the original window and make a note of which group belongs to what part of the mesh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 2:46 PM
Thank you for your help HugeLunatic, I had the same idea but I don't think it's the problem because I knew that ant I took care of the order of my 6 or 7 groups in Milkshape ; it was boring and I don't understand very well why the windows have so much groups (one for the shadow, one for the frame and one for the glass seems to me enough ... but it isn't like that).
But I'll redo it and verify that I've keep the order of all groups ... Just.. I don't have the same groups than the original window, but I have the same number of groups and in the same order, perhaps should I have exactly the same sort of group like the original, but I don't think so... (I just kept group shadow and 2 groups for glasses because they have a particular texture but the others groups have the same sort of fully texture so I don't think it's important to have exactly the same like the original otherwise we could'nt ever have new objects ...

I hope I'm comprehensible ...

Créa Sims 3

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 8:25 AM
Hi,
I don't know really why but it works now !!! I've done all my window one more time yesterday night : I've just kept all groups in order and modified them one by one. I've redone all image files too and don't know why I've not put green or red on the part where the glass is (on UVMap) but put black and make this part transparent (is it the reason why I can see all my window ? don't know). Perhaps I've put one box in other direction (because when I made my window I done one part, the front, and I copied to make the back of the window, and I ask me if I've thought to return the box "front to back" (in Milkshape) ; It could explain why I could see a litle part of the frame and not the rest (why not)).

I don't know really why but it's ok now ; It took me 3 weeks to achieve it, but it works !!! Fine !!! Happy !!!

Thanks to everybody who tried to help me ! :lovestruc

I'll do another window and if I find something important, I'll post it to help others who have the same problem.

Here are pictures of my window (and some shutter I've made for it)

Screenshots

Créa Sims 3

Field Researcher
#7 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 12:43 PM
Congrats !! :D
And yay for some typical modern french windows and shutters. My parent's house has those almost exactly, you know, semi-detached houses built in the 70es… (there's just no upper bar. They're kind of non-descript actually -__- I suppose you find them all over Europe…

On dirait les fenêtres et les volets de chez mes parents (sauf la barre du haut) :lovestruc