Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 3:43 PM
Default IMPORTANT for making windows mesh
Hello,

I think I've understand and solved the problem of windows not visible on one side (90% I think I've find it !! ).

I said in another post that my windows (and some other member of the forum had the same problem) were not visible on one side. I've made ma window another time and then it's was all visible; but I didn't know what.
After that I've done another window bu modifiing my first (which was ok) and then, the new has a similar problem ... I've added some braces one my first and on one side of my new window I could see this braces but on the other side I could'nt...
One side :

Other side :

So I remerber and this time that when I added my braces, I just added there to ONE group in Milkshape (my cloned windows had 6 groups, and I know it for sure now, 3 groups were fore one side of the window and the 3 others for the other side (interior and exterior of the window, each side of the wall in the game). This was my mistake : I should have to put one part of my braces on the group on one side, and the rest of the braces with a group on the other side of the window.
Mistaken allocation of my groups in Milkshape :

after that, I redone my window in allocating my braces in 2 groups one each side and yet, my window is ok.
Reallocation of groups :

Result : all is ok !

So when making a window, we must respect all the groups, the order of them and the side of the window where we want that our modifications appear !!!

I hope my english isn't too bad so you can understand what I'm trying to explain, but if it is, you will not have problem of invisibility in window. If you have not understand something, you can ask me ; I'll try to explain with more details ... :D

Samelo22

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 4:53 PM
I think I understand what your saying.

Each side of the window is in a different group, which is pretty much like the n and s in TS2. If you have part of one side of the window in the other group, the game won't render the texture on it. So each side has to stay in there own group.