Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:59 AM Last edited by frankie : 5th Jun 2012 at 6:48 AM. Reason: Update
EA Gave Me SP5 & SP6 for Free + I Received SP6 Already!
I had originally pre-ordered the disc version of Master Suite Stuff around January 5. I never received it after the package had been shipped/transferred throughout three different places due to an unsufficient address (which is impossible because I had pre-ordered and received the disc version of Pets with no issues, and on release day), so I requested that it be cancelled and was refunded. Anyhow, the agent gave me a complimentary digital copy of MSS for all the trouble I had experienced (I literally went through plenty of different agents about having not received my order, and I was not a happy camper). But the strange thing is (and apparently I am not the only one after having read the official forums about it) that rather than having given me MSS, the agent ended up giving me the sixth stuff pack that neither of us have yet to know what its theme is. Other people on the official forum have posted screen shots with proof that they, too, have received a digital version of SP6. And call me a "bad Samaritan" if you like, but I felt that EA was in a position to honor it, even though it was an error on their part. Thus, I now have two free SPs after the agent had fixed the issue of my complimentary MSS copy having not appeared in my account, and all due to errors that weren't even my fault to begin with. And if I'm clearly not the only one who received SP6 via Origin, how many customers have received copies? I had even spoken with the last agent about this, and he/she had confirmed that the game would be honored, despite the error. On top of all this, the agent still granted me a coupon of 20% off the Origin Store for being a "valued customer" (plus two or three coupons of 15% each from the other agents). Has this happened to anyone here at MTS? If so, congratulations on a free SP that you haven't the slightest clue on what it will offer.

Proof of SP5 & SP6:

I'm both excited about the games and bemused about EA. I haven't liked EA very much for quite some time due to obvious reasons, but not enough to stop purchasing The Sims games. Now, they suddenly seem generous with this. I ended up giving the agent an excellent rating. Why shouldn't I, you know?

EDIT: SP6 Title Revealed! http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...071#post3806071

EDIT: I received my free digital copy! http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...638#post3870638
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 5:44 AM
At least it's free, I guess.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 6:05 AM
Yes, and I'm not complaining at all. It just strikes me as something odd. I wonder if it was a system glitch.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 7:09 AM
i wonder if the title will change in origin? Maybe you will get an early peek at the title before they announce it officially
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 12:29 PM
Given that you've been given something which doesn't actually exist, you have effectively received nothing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#6 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:40 PM
Have to agree with Pescado. Looks as if you received a free placeholder for future purchases. If you actually do get a free SP, congratz!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:36 PM
With EA's release record, I think we can safely assume there'll be another Stuff pack put out after SHT. What I find amusing is that the Origin system even HAS a placeholder for non-existant releases.

Perhaps they're hoping that you'll forget about it by the time a new release comes out and then they won't have had to actually give you anything at all.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 6:23 PM
Okay, so I just got off the phone with another agent who confirmed the same thing as the online agent had, that I should be able to get SP6 for free. Of course, he still said that he couldn't tell if a developer could catch it later down the road and do something about it, such as remove it. However, I told him that EA has to honor it. This case would apply to any other store when such errors occur; it's just standard customer service. Why should my case be any different? Plus, the agent agreed with me, so why shouldn't I get it? He even confirmed that this copy of SP6 is NOT a placeholder and that it will update with the appropriate title and image, as well as the status of being able to download/install/play the game. I mean if I don't end up getting SP6 for free, then it's not the end of the world. I'm not going to cry over a game. I did get SP5 for free either way. But I wouldn't be surprised at this point if I did get it, and I won't just do nothing about it if I know I am able to keep this copy. At least I have proof in regards to the chat with the online agent after having printed the chat log into a PDF document. But who knows what will happen by that time.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 8:47 PM
I wonder what it will be...I hope it is a good one that you like.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 9:25 PM
I hope so, too, MadameButterfly. But seeing as how I have all the EPs and SPs, and I always tend to find plenty of things that I like from each, I wouldn't be surprised if I liked the next one. I know that many people strongly dislike MSS, and I do agree that it is a rather redundant pack overall when it comes to luxurious styles. However, I felt that the sleepwear clothing category was sorely lacking, as well as the bathroom objects. So, if anything, I like the pack for those two factors. And I still like MSS better than FLS.

As soon as I find out what the new SP is, I will post about it (unless someone would beat me to it).
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:29 AM
A free SP (possibly a second) and 20% off on their store? Sounds like you got quite the deal. Kudos to the generous agent and good for you :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
In some countries consumer law dictates companies to honor deals in such situations (mistake in pricing, etc). Remember a while back, there was a website glitch which allowed Australian users to get free games from Origin? EA had to honor them.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 2:23 AM
I hope the SP turns out amazing, just for you. ^_^

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
A free SP (possibly a second) and 20% off on their store? Sounds like you got quite the deal. Kudos to the generous agent and good for you :D

Thank you! I forgot to mention that I had also received about two or three other coupons for 15% off. I just hope the developers won't end up removing SP6. At this rate, they've already gotten my hopes up too high with this "prize."

Quote: Originally posted by game90
In some countries consumer law dictates companies to honor deals in such situations (mistake in pricing, etc). Remember a while back, there was a website glitch which allowed Australian users to get free games from Origin? EA had to honor them.

Wow, that was quite an error! But I totally agree with you. That's why I will probably end up complaining to EA if they don't end up honoring this.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I hope the SP turns out amazing, just for you. ^_^

Thanks! Let's just hope it's not another luxurious pack. It'd be the third one, if so (unless you count TLS and its somewhat high-end-ish content). We totally need some stuff for our less wealthy Sims. Equal opportunity, EA!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Jan 2012 at 8:25 PM
I misplaced the product keys for a few of my games and had registered them, but the keys were no where to be found on the sims 3 website. i called customer service and my experience wasn't even bad, it was pretty painless (minus being on hold 10 minutes to talk to a real person). the guy produced new product keys for me, and ended the conversation by telling me my account would be credited a 15% discount on my next purchase. i was confused because i wasn't angry or disgruntled about anything, i was just simply calling to get lost information. i wasn't gonna complain though.

the next day i got an email confirming a credit of a 15% discount on my account, but the email then clarified that this discount would only be honored within the next 30 days. I didn't use it because i dont think stuff packs are worth the money and space they take up on my computer, i would've rather used it on an EP. would've been awesome if i could've actually used it.

but i too was shocked at EA's random graciousness
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 2:23 AM
I agree. You never know with EA. My coupons were all for one month only as well. I might just consider getting the Pirates & Nobles Adventure Pack for TSM. Then again, I have wanted to play the second Alice game. We'll see.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:44 PM
Default SP6 Title Revealed!
I finally discovered the sixth stuff pack today! However, I am sure some of you might be severely disappointed. It's titled "Katy Perry Sweet Treats." It's the sixth stuff pack because it replaced the untitled SP6 placeholder. Here is a screen shot:

Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:54 PM
Nooooooo darn you marketing!
Retired
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:55 PM
Oh effing hell no.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 11:59 PM
The world really is ending.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I finally discovered the sixth stuff pack today! However, I am sure some of you might be severely disappointed. It's titled "Katy Perry Sweet Treats." It's the sixth stuff pack because it replaced the untitled SP6 placeholder. Here is a screen shot:

I wonder what more Katy Perry stuff they have that didn't fit in SHT EP already.
Scholar
#22 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
OMG...I didn't think it could get worse than the Katy Perry giant fruit props in SHT...guess I was wrong!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:05 AM
Who the hell is Katy Perry and why do they keep making expansions with her name on them?
Inventor
#24 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:05 AM
So a whole fruit furniture collection? If this weren't a stuff pack, I'd hope for a bakery or something. And I wonder if this will mean there'll be even less male outfits (i.e. none) :/
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 12:11 AM
I thought April Fools' Day isn't until next month.
Page 1 of 9