Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sims hunger bar is empty when moving them in.
Hi,

I recently came across a glitch in my game. I invited a Sim from University to come visit so I could move them in and when I did (no matter what method I used) she came with a empty hunger bar. I might also add that she is a vampire and none of her need bars are purple. They are green like normals human sims have. I tried pulling the bar up with testingcheats as well as making her eat something but it still stayed empty. It also happened with another sim from University that I also tried to move in before her. To add to the need bars not being purple, the sims from University both don't look like vampires in their portrait on the user interface, however in gameplay they have all the physical features of vampires.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro with only Nrass Master Controller, A custom hair and career as well as a follow up for Master Controller.

What should I do about this issuse? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:13 AM
If the same precautions to university Sims apply as to Sims from the World Adventure destinations you should only move them in while still in their world, i.e. in the university town and not your home town. When they visit you the game only made a copy of the original Sim that is still in the university world, so this might well be the reason why they turn up incomplete.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:40 AM
The safest way to get a foreign world sim to join your household is to do so in their world so it's the full sim, as Don B said, and then they come home with you. But it does work well more often than not for most players if you have NRaas mod support to get more data to follow the visiting sim into your world when they are in that state. MasterController alone doesn't do it, the mods required are Traveler, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and RelationshipPanel. See the FAQ page here, the (almost) final section on Pulling Sims in From Other Worlds.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ

If you cannot or choose not to add in all of those mods, you might have better luck when you are sure the target sim is still back in their own world, instead of inviting them over for a visit try using NRaas > MC > Add Sim > Homeworld (filter to Uni) on your own home lot. That should force the full version of the foreign sim into your world. They will still be missing some attributes like their wealth, personal possessions, and their complete wardrobe, but it can tend to work much more reliably than the visiting sim scenarios. Not entirely sure how well this one will work without the above mods (especially Traveler and Overwatch), but might be worth a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The safest way to get a foreign world sim to join your household is to do so in their world so it's the full sim, as Don B said, and then they come home with you. But it does work well more often than not for most players if you have NRaas mod support to get more data to follow the visiting sim into your world when they are in that state. MasterController alone doesn't do it, the mods required are Traveler, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and RelationshipPanel. See the FAQ page here, the (almost) final section on Pulling Sims in From Other Worlds.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ

If you cannot or choose not to add in all of those mods, you might have better luck when you are sure the target sim is still back in their own world, instead of inviting them over for a visit try using NRaas > MC > Add Sim > Homeworld (filter to Uni) on your own home lot. That should force the full version of the foreign sim into your world. They will still be missing some attributes like their wealth, personal possessions, and their complete wardrobe, but it can tend to work much more reliably than the visiting sim scenarios. Not entirely sure how well this one will work without the above mods (especially Traveler and Overwatch), but might be worth a try.

thank you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
If the same precautions to university Sims apply as to Sims from the World Adventure destinations you should only move them in while still in their world, i.e. in the university town and not your home town. When they visit you the game only made a copy of the original Sim that is still in the university world, so this might well be the reason why they turn up incomplete.

thank you