Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 8:08 PM Last edited by xoxofactoryxoxo : 11th Aug 2016 at 5:42 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Child sim not aging up to teen [solved]
Hello!

I have a family four generations in and I'm trying to get my child sim to age up to a teen. At first he was talking to his great-aunt and stopped so that he could age up naturally (since it was his birthday), I got the notification "It's Chedomir's birthday!" but then the interaction disappeared. Tried aging him up with testingcheatsenabled and Nraas Master Controller, neither worked - he'll start clapping, like it's he's about to age up but then the interaction disappears again and he goes off to do something else. Tried entering CAS with testingcheatsenabled, but CAS did not load. I've seen other people have this problem but it seems that removing custom content, evicting the family, disabling then re-enabling aging, or using a birthday cake did not work, so I won't waste my time there..

Some other strange things I noticed were that when trying to get my child sim to go to bed, he either couldn't get to his bed, or I received a notification from ErrorTrap, problems that didn't happen in the past. He's had that bed since he aged up to a child and used it without problems. Also, when I closed my game and reopened it, he was gone from the family image when loading the save (but still appeared in the game.)

The CC I have is from TSR and from here, I haven't had problems with it, nor have I downloaded any new CC recently... As said before, this is the fourth generation and I've had multi-generation families in the past for years but this issue is just now popping up.

My game is patched up to date (All EPs/SPs, some from Origin and others I bought the CD) and my computer specs can run the game with minimal lag/freezing. I'm using a Windows 8 PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much! Really hope I won't end up having to delete him or anything

EDIT: After countless resets and attempts, I was able to age him up! Just had to move over to the NRaas wiki...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 11:56 PM
I'm not in game atm but Master Controller also has an option available by just clicking on the sim to change clothing without having to actually go into CAS. Have you tried resetting him with MC? Do you have Overwatch installed? OW often fixes aging issues automatically. You might need to exit and restart or wait until OW does its' thing at 3AM.

Another thing to check: Do you have any other age type tuning mods in?

I really suggest where Error Trap is telling you something is wrong, go over to NRaas and upload the Script Errors. That probably would be quicker for you and your sim. You need to Register To Upload Here. Once that's done see How To Upload
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 2:52 AM
Try a hard reset with MasterController (under Advanced) and then age him up again (with MC, too). That works for me most of the times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Try a hard reset with MasterController (under Advanced) and then age him up again (with MC, too). That works for me most of the times.

Already tried this, didn't work. The interaction disappeared again. Thank you anyways
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I'm not in game atm but Master Controller also has an option available by just clicking on the sim to change clothing without having to actually go into CAS. Have you tried resetting him with MC? Do you have Overwatch installed? OW often fixes aging issues automatically. You might need to exit and restart or wait until OW does its' thing at 3AM.

Another thing to check: Do you have any other age type tuning mods in?

I really suggest where Error Trap is telling you something is wrong, go over to NRaas and upload the Script Errors. That probably would be quicker for you and your sim. You need to Register To Upload Here. Once that's done see How To Upload

I do have Overwatch, so I decided to wait until 3 AM for it to do the stuck aging checks. I got about 10 notifications for other sims in the world that had stuck aging, but none of them were the sim I was playing. Just sent a request to have a membership on NRaas. Hopefully this helps Thank you very much!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xoxofactoryxoxo
I do have Overwatch, so I decided to wait until 3 AM for it to do the stuck aging checks. I got about 10 notifications for other sims in the world that had stuck aging, but none of them were the sim I was playing. Just sent a request to have a membership on NRaas. Hopefully this helps Thank you very much!

You are all set to post and upload over at NRaas
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You are all set to post and upload over at NRaas

Thanks again! Just uploaded the Script Error log.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:31 AM
I had the same problem. I had twin children (girls) and one aged normally to teen while the other one didn't. I tried cake, testingcheatsenabled true+trigger age, mastercontroler aging - nothing happened. She would start the aging process, than nothing happened. When I tried resetting my sim with mastercontoler, the weirdest thing happened - she disappeared momentarily and then a completely different sim appeared in her place. I didn't want that so I reloaded my save and started over trying.

After lots of research, I found the solution. First of all, I have to say that the issue was caused (probably) because her mother got pregnant while on vacation in Sunlit Tides (with nraas traveler) and of course moved back home to discover she was pregnant. So, the solution:

testingcheatsenabled true & moveobjects true
go to build or buy mode, grab the sim and throw her to the bin ("sell" her for 0 simoleons)
go back to live mode and she will have disappeared completely - BUT she still appears in the family tree
Nraas overwatch - immediate commands - recover missing sims
and bang! - she is back and she can age normally

no problems since