Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:34 PM Last edited by m0ustachio : 5th Jun 2016 at 1:09 PM.
Default Snow/Light glitches - at night only
Hello,

I made my own world in CAW an I am almost done. Today I exported the world to test it in game.
There I saw something very annoying
All the lots look weird. I think it is something with the streetlights, because before i placed them i didn´t have this problem and it only occurs at night. On Day everything looks normal.
It´s not the same snow glitch like in Aurora Skies, because there it happens by day too. Shockingly the same problem i have, is in Sunset Valley and other EA worlds at night too.
Is there something I can do to solve the problem, or is this normal?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 1:32 PM
Very strange, but i'm having this light issue as well in just sunset valley and other worlds. At least, the road issue is my issue in the game itself. The glasshouse however, never seemed to happen to me. It might not be the issue, but do you have 'advanced rendering ' ticked?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 2:55 PM
Yes, I have 'advanced rendering ' ticked. If unticked there are extreme graphic issues.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 3:03 PM
Are you using custom sea/sky/light parameters at all? This looks like an error caused by having the colour ramps in after the ini files have been deleted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 3:40 PM
No, Im not. I changed nothing from these files.
I used a new "The Sims 3" Folder under User/Documents/Electronic Arts an the Problem ist still there.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 4:44 PM
Did you create this world from scratch, or base it off another world? I was meaning colour ramps being in the actual world file itself, not in your game userdata.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 6:27 PM
The previous Version is from here http://modthesims.info/d/499500

But this problem is in EA worlds too, so it can´t be my world file, can it?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 6:38 PM
Well, that world used custom sky resources so probably you have those in your world. Either you could redownload the sea and sky parameters used in that world from here and import them into your world file, or else just remove the DDS colour ramps from the world file. The colour ramps look something like this:

And there are usually five of them.
Be sure to backup first, before you do anything!