Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
Default I miss shows like....
Know any shows that are no longer in syndication or reruns?

Here's some of my old favorites that I can't see anymore because either they are not provided by my cable company, or they no longer show in reruns:

Small Wonder - a show about a little "girl" who was actually a robot
227 - a show that took place in an apartment complex
Alice - a show that took place in a diner "Mel, Kiss my Grits!"
Perfect Strangers - a show about a foreigner and his American roommate
Kate and Alley - a show about two best freinds
Mamma's Family - a show about rural life with a matriarch "Mamma" Thelma Harper

These shows will be missed by me, even though I can still buy them if I like on dvd (some but not all) or itunes, they really make me long for the good old days. Here you can discuss your favorite old shows that you can't see anymore and why you miss them. Please don't just list them, but actually take some time to discuss them, thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Well.. some are a bit embrassing but I still love 'em

Boy Meets World, Abc Family dropped this :/ so did Disney Channel.. but they butchered a lot of "touchy" content, still it was the best thing on there and my favorite seasons aren't on dvd.

Rugrats - They have this but no way am I waking up a 2:00 in the morning to watch this.

Catdog - Unforgettable theme song.

The Wild Thornberrys
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
I though it perfect stranger they were half brothers :/ In Russia they bought many American series and re-filmed for Russian auditory, with Russian towns and actors and names and yadda yadda yadda

I miss 'As Told By Ginger' on nick. that was a very cute show with a real life aspect to it and teen age problems. It was very cute.
Friends- Just wonderful show.
Married with Children- I loved it was funny and ridiculous! Russian version is not as great and filmed badly( house is obviously a stage. In original series it looked like a freaking house )
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 9:37 PM
Yes I also miss Friends. I loved that show!

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Theorist
#5 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM Last edited by BewitchedPrue : 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM.
I have no idea if these shows are still showing on any channels etc, but I really miss 90s shows like My So Called Life, The Fresh Prince and Blossom even though at the time they originally came out I was way to young to really watch them and understand them. And 90s kids shows like Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Fudge. I also majorly miss Gilmore Girls, even though you can still see reruns etc. And Veronica Mars. But I know they both kind of came to their natural ends. It probably would have been worse to have them dragged on.
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:02 AM
Oh and I also really miss Designing Women. That show was soooo funny! I loved especially Bernice - the wacky elderly woman, and Julia the classy owner of Sugarbaker's design firm. My other favorite characters from that show were Allison - the neurotic full of herself partner, and Carlene - the ditsy cousin of Charlene.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
I have no idea if these shows are still showing on any channels etc, but I really miss 90s shows like My So Called Life, The Fresh Prince and Blossom even though at the time they originally came out I was way to young to really watch them and understand them. And 90s kids shows like Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Fudge. I also majorly miss Gilmore Girls, even though you can still see reruns etc. And Veronica Mars. But I know they both kind of came to their natural ends. It probably would have been worse to have them dragged on.

Fresh prince is on at nick at night at around 3 am i think o_O
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
Fresh prince is on at nick at night at around 3 am i think o_O

Oh, excellent! Something to take my mind of my lack of sims 3, thanks!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Forum Resident
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:34 AM
I miss Buffy *waaah*
Forum Resident
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:44 AM
I miss Stargate Atlantis and Kyle XY.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Friends! Buffy! ... thats it .
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:43 PM
Boy Meets World
The Secret Life of Alex Mac
Sabrina
Kyle XY
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 10:31 AM
I also miss Angel and a lot of the old Cartoon Network shows, like Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Powerpuff Girls.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
I also majorly miss Gilmore Girls, even though you can still see reruns etc. And Veronica Mars. But I know they both kind of came to their natural ends. It probably would have been worse to have them dragged on.

Ditto.
VM and GG are my two favourite shows, in that order. It sucked how VM ended though, I didn't like that at all. But I was pleased with how GG finished, and they got a good, long run out of the show.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 12:40 PM
i miss reboot, but no one even remembers it anymore ;( it was so awesome man, and hexadecimal was bloody terrifying !

here's her infamous "evil smile" mask.

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM
I miss Pushing Daisies. I was so upset they cancelled that show! I also miss Quantum Leap, Charmed and Sliders (although the last season of Sliders sucked).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:49 PM
I miss:
-Mystery Science Theater
-Six Million Dollar Man
-Garfield & Friends

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:57 PM
I miss the good show on Cartoon Network. Adult Swim on a children's network? WTF?
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Seethatfallingstar
Well.. some are a bit embrassing but I still love 'em

Boy Meets World, Abc Family dropped this :/ so did Disney Channel.. but they butchered a lot of "touchy" content, still it was the best thing on there and my favorite seasons aren't on dvd.

Rugrats - They have this but no way am I waking up a 2:00 in the morning to watch this.

Catdog - Unforgettable theme song.

The Wild Thornberrys

Agree with them.

Noahs Island (?) - Loved it.
Theorist
#20 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by declandabest
i miss reboot, but no one even remembers it anymore ;( it was so awesome man, and hexadecimal was bloody terrifying !

Hey you're not alone! I love ReBoot, it's my all-time favorite TV show! I remember the episode when Megabyte tricked Bob and shot him into the web, it was so sad. Megabyte and Hex are awesome villains, your avatar is awesome btw!

I also miss the old Rugrats. Last time I checked they grew up into teenagers. I don't know what's going on with them now but I'm not sure if I want to know.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:34 PM
i know right, but seeing hexadecimal burnt to a cinder and then being controlled by megabyte was worse she's so full of awesome

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM
I miss Charmed. It shouldn't have ended! And I miss Pushing Daisies. It was SUCH a good series. I heard there's a movie in the works. I really hope it's true!! And I miss My So-Called Life. Mmmmm Jared Leto :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:41 AM
I remember Reboot, I miss shows like Square One television, Golden Girls, Webster, Pnky Brewster, Dark Angel, Relic Hunter

I am L...I am...Justice

http://i33.tinypic.com/dmcyut.jpg - There be Dragons..
Theorist
#24 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:48 AM Last edited by GuardStud08 : 9th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM.
I miss:

The Amanda Show
Doug
Figure It Out: Family Style
The Original All That
Kean and Kel
Ahhh! Real Monsters
As Told By Ginger
Goosebumps
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Hey Arnold
Pepper Ann
Recess

Alot of shows

@ L_Lawliet = Golden Girls still comes on WeTV. I watch it every weekday

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:28 PM
joninmobile, OHHH, I loved Kate and Allie!
I think they still air it on WE in the early morning.
As for Mama's Family, that was one of those shows my parents used to love and I grew up watching.
I love the episode where she got her first answering machine. x) "It's your dime, spill it!"

Captain THPS4, the show All Grown Up really sucked. The special (All Growed Up) was cute though.

L_Lawliet, Golden GIrls is also on Lifetime and just started airing on Hallmark.
I'm a huge Betty White fan so I always make it a point to watch it.

When did Kyle XY end? I thought they still had another season?

Shows I miss...

- Doug (Nickelodeon's. Disney's was terrible.)
- The Little Mermaid
- Darkwing Duck
- Fillmore!
- The Weekenders
- Bonkers
- Tale Spin
- Duck Tales
- GUTS (the old one...not the family one Nick brought out last year)
- Legends of the Hidden Temple
- Figure it Out
- Double Dare 2000
- In Living Color
- The Honeymooners, which I acquired a love for at age five.
- The old episodes of SNL...from the eighties.
- MSTK3000
- Titus
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- Roseanne
- Clarissa Explains It All
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Shark (Worst. Ending. Ever.)

*phew*
Page 1 of 4