Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
Default MAC Tutorials
Hi!

First of all, I'm a Macbook Pro user.

I've been itching to make my own patterns, skintones & even as simple as changing a picture on the paintings. I have searched almost all Sims 3 sites trying to dig up any tutorial possible for Mac. Alas, nothing.

Someone suggested using Parallels so I can run Windows on my Mac but that'll cost me $80.

*sigh*

I just find it wrong that I keep downloading great stuff from form other people without even contributing anything. I want to, really but I can't.

Please point me to a tutorial for Mac.

Please?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 3:47 AM
I think the reason there aren't any around is because all the programs that are made to do that stuff are .exe files, which macs won't run, which is probably why they suggested getting parallels. However, it'll cost you more than $80 since you'd mostly likely have to buy a copy of windows too. I made the mistake of buying that software, thinking I'd use the copy of XP I've got at home, only to find the serial had already been used and therefore rendered the disk useless, and I refuse to fork out $150 for an OP that drives me insane.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 7:25 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 11th Aug 2009 at 7:35 AM.
Yup, the issue is not a lack of tutorials; the issue is a lack of modding tools for the Mac. The free tools we use to make mods are programmed by Sims players who happen to have programming skills, and the Mac community has not produced many of those.

There are a couple of tools which will run on a Mac, because they're in cross-platform languages. There are threads in the other modding forums with information about these. Nothing for patterns specifically though, which I assume is what you want, because you posted in the patterns forum There's some discussion here though: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=353773
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 2:24 AM
I just posted an overview on how to get Windows stuff to run for OS X users here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580

Covers options like BootCamp, emulators, .Net frameworks etc. Some of it costs money, some doesn't. There are no step-by-step instructions (and I'm not going to post any), but there are a lot of links.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.