Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#76 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:48 AM
I do count myself lucky. So you have GlamourLife? I envy you, I love that SP.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#78 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 5:42 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 28th Aug 2013 at 6:02 PM.
I figured OMSPs weren't allow, just thought I'd ask since they are really only aiding in placement. Here's my round 1 entry.

This refurbished factory is now the home of two best friends who just graduated college. One a painter, the other a fashion designer.

Field Researcher
#79 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 6:57 PM
I wish i had partment lifeso i could use spiral staircases. If only this was a CC round

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#80 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 8:59 PM
I love seeing how everyone is using different items in this - I've seen a few things I haven't looked at twice before, and the differences in everyone's styles are great to see. Jones, HL, Violet, your lots are looking fantastic!

With regards to OMSP's - they're CC, and can only be used in CC rounds. Defaults (as I said in my previous posts) are fine, declaring them is great but if you can't remember exactly what you have (I know not everyone has download folders with subfolders in subfolders!) it's not the biggest issue.

Going to do a clear-up of the main post now and get it looking a little tidier and including contestants and judges =]

Find me on tumblr as sealkitten

'It Takes A Village' contest - now accepting applications!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:05 PM
Also, re: Maxis items showing as CC in the catalogue, as Catherine noted, it happens if you have either re-organised your catalogue yourself, or use a mod to do so (like the one by Phaenoh or BlueSoup). I've had many a moment of frustration due to this myself recently!

Mad Poster
#82 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:06 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 28th Aug 2013 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something...
*splash!* <<< me, diving in feet first. LOL.

This is an older "Florida" home, originally built in the 40's, fully remodeled in the 80's, and more recently, updated with new appliances. (I've been house-hunting in RL )
It has 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living/family combo, formal dining room, gourmet eat-in kitchen, a study loft, and an upstairs patio. The lot is landscaped and features a driveway, swingset, and slide.

The Traveller family stayed here a few nights to test things out for me - they loved everything about it. Trish really liked all the green decor and yellow accents. Trent just snoozed on the hammock

More pictures:

I used no CC (except the allowed walls and floors) - not even OMSPs (yes, the game thingy is on the floor LOL) Defaults used are: HL's backless showers, and Maranatah's wall tops.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#83 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:16 PM
Lovely house Catherine, can I ask did you get the swing as a preorder, or is it defaulted or cc?

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#84 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:22 PM
Love the house Catherine

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:28 PM
That's not the swing that came with SSN or FT???? Oh no!
If it's a "CC" swing, I'll trade it out for the metal set. Did I miss anything else? I really messed up my catalog with completely reorganizing everything - but, I know where everything is

Another quick question - When posting with my 'spoiler' tags - how do I make it so the screenshots don't show across the bottom of my post? I just want the button to be there, no preview pictures. Thanks!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:34 PM
The swing is a preorder thing. As far as I'm concerned , if something is made by EA, whether it's from an EP/SP, from the Store, or from a pre-order, it's fine. TS3 conversions are counted as CC, because they were not made for TS2 originally.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#87 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:38 PM
Cat, you can't make it so the screenshots aren't at the bottom, unless you use a hosting site like photobucket or something. If they are uploaded to the post, they will be at the bottom.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 9:50 PM
Oh, OK. Thank you for the quick answers
In that case... I'll leave it - both the swing and the picture-deal. I don't have a 'bucket' account...
Thank you Loaf, I appreciate your ruling on the pre-order stuffs. I was just getting ready to retake a bunch of pictures. YAY, I don't have to! I'll go make dinner instead

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#89 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:08 PM
It is a preorder thing, but its also available for dl at maty and Phae I believe has one like it that overwrites the preorder one

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#90 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:27 PM
Catherine, lovely house. I like your patio idea.

Can I ask a reverse question? How do you guys make your pictures show up at the bottom? Lol, I just paste in Img lines from photobucket into my main post, which is what I have always done and wondered what tricks you were all doing to make small pictures show up as well.

Thanks HL, I had no idea bathroom defaults existed. I'm going to have to try them out even without pictures. Is the base game cheap toilet in there? That is one I would like to default.

Also, really shop stuff is allowed? I am still going to try and do cc free including walls and floors. To me it's the spirit of the thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#91 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:32 PM
Jo, upload them directly to the post as attachments.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#92 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:38 PM
Thanks Jones, I haven't scrolled way down there is ages. I did wondered why there was an attachment area. I don't see what the point of that is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#93 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:41 PM
Yeah, I prefer to always attach, because I've seen too many posts around with missing pics for one reason or another. But if they are attached here, they are always there And yes, PB or the like is unnecessary if you upload them to the post.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:44 PM
Yeah I realized PB would not be needed after I posted. I'm not feeling very well. That's a good point but I kind of like mine to all be hidden.

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#95 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:46 PM
Feel better soon, Jo. My jaws been locked up for 5 days now, getting really irritated, and hungry...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:09 PM
Do you need the dentist? I hate having dental trouble, I think that's given more pain than labour. I'm feeling dizzy. I can type if I slouch down low. :/ Although if it keeps up I think I'll go back to bed. Hope you feel better soon too.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#97 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 11:50 PM
Is that the end of round 1

Call me Colin
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#98 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gagafanu
Is that the end of round 1
No, Colin, we can have up to 20 contestants and we have 10 at the moment. so either 20 by 2 September or however many have entered by 2 September.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#99 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 1:06 AM
Ohhhhhh ok im going to take pictures for Pic threds

Call me Colin
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#100 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 2:30 AM
So I have been away for just 3 seconds and so many entries are already in. Really love all your entries. Keep them coming all.

Page 4 of 56