Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 8:54 PM
Default Having trouble.
Does anyone know how to play the sims 3 through origin?
I have bought the sims 3 starter pack straight off of the origin, but every time I press play I get the launcher. I've looked everywhere, and it felt like I've done everything. I've tried activating it, but the code I try to use ,off the version I bought , keeps telling me that they can't activate it because the code is already in use. I went to properties and used the CD number, but it's just not working. I went to programs and tried to start it up, but it keeps bringing me to the launcher. I tried installing the packs that came along with it, but it won't let me. Has anyone found a way to play the sims 3 off of origin? If so, can you please give me a step by step specific details of how to do so?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:47 PM
I think this is how it's supposed to work. Starting the game from the Origin client starts the launcher and from that you can launch the actual game.
Scholar
#3 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:59 PM
And there old joke "press start to exit" becomes obsolete :D

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 3:45 AM
1) Right click the sims 3 icon, select "Open"
2) Log into Origin, if the Origin login dialog comes up.
3) When the Sims 3 Launcher comes up, click the big triangle in the circle.

Then you wait for the game to start.
Okay, which step doesn't work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 3:56 AM
....I'm so fucking stupid...It was staring me right in my god damn face and here I am getting upset over nothing...Thanks lol
Could someone take this thread down now. I think I thoroughly embarrassed now. lol
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 8:58 AM
You don't need to be too embarrassed. I know I've missed things that were even more basic. Just think of the amusement you'll get (and give) in later years when you tell this story to comfort someone else who misses something basic.