Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:48 PM
Default How would I go about making this mod, help please?
I have a lot of costume make up on the sims 3 and I would like to layer them. How would I make a mod to allow 3/4 costume make ups to be worn at one time? Is it possible?
I've only programmed in PHP and AS2 before, so any tutorials are greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:42 AM
The easy way is to make some of your costume makeups another category of makeup, such as blush or eyeshadows.

However, that would be a really nice mod to have, maybe try posting in modding discussion?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:03 AM
I asked Delphy about this a while back - there doesn't seem to be any flags like in TS2 that would allow for multi-wearability for TS3. So, tbh, you're asking "How do I do this thing that nobody's done yet and nobody knows how to do?"

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
I doubt I could do it if no one else has found out. :P
I've been looking for a file with SimPE that addresses CAS but I've been unsuccessful so far. Would it be possible to locate the class/script that adds on the make up, add another variable and +1 to it until it equals 3 then go back to 1, replacing the previous make up choices? Or find something that adds a graphic to a sim and use that? I only have the base game so I don't know how tattoos work but I'd presume that there are different zones...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:26 PM
I hope you mean S3PE there, not SimPE. This really would fit better in modding discussion - it's a high level mangling of the game files that you're suggesting, not the creation of regular CAS content. As HP says though - you're asking how to do something that nobody knows how to do. The answers will probably be "Maybe, try it and see".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 2:31 PM
Yes, it was S3PE, sorry. Does anyone know where the CAS files are? I've found some interesting tuning files, completely unrelated but they would make nice mods.
Should I repost this topic in Modding Discussions or is there a way to move it?