Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 3:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop hasn't loaded, it's been 3+ hours
Hello.

So this is a question for you lovely people. I have went thorugh a bit of a sim-download frenzy yesterday over a tumblr-find blog and after that the bodyshop stoppped working. My bodyshop, strangely enough, used to load in about 30 minutes when I have 15+ thousand downloaded cc. But ever since yesterday the simsbodyshop does NOT work at all anymore.

Is it a corrupted sim that I downloaded? If so, how can I remove it?

P.S I did it last night, opening the body shop and it loaded in about 4-5 hours. But the screen was BLACK. The sims menu was there, for packaging/creating sims and such but the spot where a sim stands is all black. I don't know what caused that..

Please help, thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 4:34 AM
Excuse me for asking the obvious - but did you delete caches and the cigen package? Because that could put a stop to it.

The FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to post told you how to track down bad CC - the 50/50 method. The testing process is impractical with a program that takes 4-5 hours to load, but if you remove the entire downloads folder, then separate out the stuff you downloaded in your frenzy yesterday, that may speed up the process.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:22 AM
Yes I do that every time I ever need to open my game/the shop.

Hmm. well.. I'll try that. Because I *did* take out the cc that I recently downloaded (from yesterday) which were part of the sims..and the shop still hasn't opened up yet. And it's been a loooong time of waiting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Excuse me for asking the obvious - but did you delete caches and the cigen package? Because that could put a stop to it.

The FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to post told you how to track down bad CC - the 50/50 method. The testing process is impractical with a program that takes 4-5 hours to load, but if you remove the entire downloads folder, then separate out the stuff you downloaded in your frenzy yesterday, that may speed up the process.

Thanks for your help, but even when I took out the download's folder and divided everything in there nothing worked... Clean Installer couldn't even open which was even more frusturating. I didn't think there was any other choice so I uninstalled the game. I'm actually glad I did, because everything feels so fresh hahah
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 9:35 PM
What happened when you just removed the entire Downloads folder? Do you have a SavedSims folder and did you remove that too?