Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:37 PM
Default InSimenator works with Life Stories
I did a test and installed the Insimenator to the Downloads folder under the game directory and it worked, here is where I installed it.

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories\Downloads

I have a forum set up for the Stories you can get it here.
http://simsstories.sc34.info/forum/

Come along and chat with us.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:51 PM
... wow, that seems like... a TERRIBLE idea, lol.

It may seem like it works, but I bet you'll start noticing problems cropping up. The InSIMenator has to be updated for each new expansion pack to work with it or it causes problems. I can't imagine it works flawlessly with Life Stories.

If people are going to do this, they should back up whatever you back up for Life Stories to save your stuff, and do so at their own risk.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 10:03 PM
The think HP, is that The Sims: Life Stories, for all intents and purposes is a downgrade... It's basically The Sims 2, with a slightly new mode added to it.. I'd wager runing The Insiminator Base Game Edition would probably cause little to no problems, and work just as well in TS:LS as it does in The Sims 2...

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
#4 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
... wow, that seems like... a TERRIBLE idea, lol.

It may seem like it works, but I bet you'll start noticing problems cropping up. The InSIMenator has to be updated for each new expansion pack to work with it or it causes problems. I can't imagine it works flawlessly with Life Stories.

If people are going to do this, they should back up whatever you back up for Life Stories to save your stuff, and do so at their own risk.

Nope, I'm using InSim 5.0, (The Newest one) And apart from 2 things not Showing Pics or Meshes (Health Adjuster and something else) it works fine, I have clocked up 6 Hours Gameplay with InSim, It works almost fully, No Glitches with it that I got.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 9:20 AM
Thats right Tommy Vercetti I am using the up to date version and it works really well. I have no glitches at all. Game play is excellent. Also have you noticed that the cheats used go all the way up to OFB. Some involve UNI, NL and I think Pets.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 10:12 AM
Can someone give me the link to this InSim directly? Because whenever I go onto their site. It is a mess and it is hard to find things, let alone this.
#7 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:55 PM
Remember the dogs peeing reproductive adjusters? Sometimes it'll cause problems in weird, out of the way places you don't notice until later
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 6:18 PM
Yeah definitely the health adjuster!
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:28 AM
Health adjuster and family tree objects both don't show up when placed and in the build catalog both have a pic saying no pic. Someone petition whoever created the Inseminator to make it compatible with TSLS.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 4:39 AM
They will probably not make it compatible. They have a hard enough time trying to keep up with the expansion packs as it is. Everytime they finish an update, Maxis is damn near ready to come out with a new expansion pack. The same can be said for the guys who make InTeen and SimPE.

I don't envy them at all, but I love them for what they do. For they make my game a better place.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Apr 2007 at 11:08 PM
Well SimPE which isnt out yet, will be abled to use Life Stories.
#12 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 11:48 AM
What is Inteen??

I have heard of SimPE but not Inteen