Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 11:24 AM
Default object question of 3dsmax
i want to ask only one question:i have some objects,but they are 3dmax objects and i want to use them at the sims 3 as a mesh.how can i use them?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 4:18 PM
To get meshes into the game you need Milkshape since this is what the plugins were written for. Far as I know no one has created plugins for other mesh programs. You can create your meshes in any mesh program but you will need to import to Milkshape to to assign joints and export in the proper format.

Take a look at the Sims 3 Meshing tutorials
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 8:31 PM
You can export those meshes as obj files and those you can use with TSR workshop.
Note that it doesn't support the use of bones/skeleton but creating non animated objects should be possible.
Very limited compared to the programs found on this site...
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 9:23 PM
If you can export those things as obj's then you can open them in MS, edit to your satisfaction and overwrite the .s3asc which you've decompiled from the MLODs and MODL which you exported using s3pe.

As long as you can get a model open in MS you should be able to use the tools from this site to get them into the game...isn't this correct?
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 12:41 AM
If he owns Milkshape yes...