Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:14 AM
Default Sims 3 packs
Are sims 3 packs still not allowed on this site? Just asking as I thought you may have changed the policy after everyone had so many problems with .packages. Some people are uploading sims 3.packs here and nobody is saying they shouldn't yet some still think they can't upload them.

So has the policy changed or what?
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 8:37 AM
The current policy is that if somebody uploads a Sims3Pack, we wont directly reject for that - it's a policy of "Eh". However, considering that, in reality, Sims3Packs are currently causing more of an issue, I think our policy of accepting only packages with the Sims3Pack reserved for types that absolutely require one will stand for quite some time.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 10:33 AM
Sadly I'm the other way about and it's the .packages that scause me problems, I've been unale to use them for anything but hacks since WA, so I am unable to use cc from here, that's why I asked. I know I'm not the only one. It might have been a good idea to allow people to offer both to let the entire population use cc
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:23 AM
We do have some ideas on letting people choose which they want, but that's something that will take some extra technical systems that we don't currently have in-place. For now, it will stay package only for those types that do not absolutely require a sims3pack.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:40 AM
Well I just came up with an idea for our site and any others who might want to offer both. I need permission from Delphy though.

I want to make two logos one for sims 3 packs and one for .packages. Obviously I can use the sims 3 logo for the packs, but would it be possible for me to use the monkey logo for .packages? If not I can make something of my own. I just would like to use that as it's instantly recognisable by everyone.

Most sites don't even say what they are using and that drives me nuts, you download and get a disappointment. Making it clear would help everyone out in this situation.

So Delphy, can I use your monkey logo please?
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:54 AM
Well, I made the monkey logo, so I can give you permission to do that (and that's fine, it was just a quick project - you need any other sizes?).

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Well, I made the monkey logo, so I can give you permission to do that (and that's fine, it was just a quick project - you need any other sizes?).

If there is one in the folder for it I should be ok. I'm likely looking for something about 50 by 50 or thereabouts, so if you had one I'd really appreciate it.

I reckon if we start using it others might follow suit and that would make life easier for us all. I noticed that a lot of downloads here and other sites, don't even mention what they used to make it in their thanks, so it's hard to tell. This kinda came about ebcause someone made something gorgeous and I wanted it, she said she had used workshop and I thought it would be a s3.pack and it wasn't

I don't understadn why people don't mark the format used on their downloads, we aways do to save people the time of downloading it then deleting it if it doesn't work.

Thanks for the permission and if you can give me a logo in the above size it would make it easier for me, than having to resize, etc. Doesn't have to be exact, I'm thinking medium smiley size ish
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...82550monkey.gif I think that's 50x48 or something like that. GIF with a transparent-ish background (should work fine on any light colours). Photoshop's being a bit of a twunt with aliasing on the transparency edges, so if you want it as a JPEG on a background of whatever colour, just get me the RGB values you want as the background.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:44 PM
I was wondering this as well. I have a set of Thirty-something related patterns that i have made sims3pack's of various walls. I'd like to share them with the patterns so you had a good start / examples in using the patterns. they are made to be mix and matched and are recolor-able. Can't share the .package's of the patterns on the exchange and cant share the walls on MTS.... sigh. help? maybe?

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:46 PM
ashillion - You can separate the packages from the sims3pack and upload the packages here. There's instructions here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Pack_to_Package

Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:58 PM
Hysterical - Thanks so much.

Should soon be able to upload them now.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Theorist
#12 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
I noticed that a lot of downloads here and other sites, don't even mention what they used to make it in their thanks, so it's hard to tell. This kinda came about ebcause someone made something gorgeous and I wanted it, she said she had used workshop and I thought it would be a s3.pack and it wasn't

I don't understadn why people don't mark the format used on their downloads, we aways do to save people the time of downloading it then deleting it if it doesn't work.

But for downloads on this site, can't you just click on that magnifying glass icon next to the download link to see the format before downloading?

As for me, I prefer packages. I even have been extracting .packages from .sims3packs of lots because for some reason I can't install them. Maybe it's because I'm not fully patched. So far sticking those package files in Library folder works for me. That leads me to another question though, if plain package files work for lots, then why most (if not all) lots are available only in sims3packs? But maybe I'm getting off topic...
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 5:59 PM
treeag, lots are exported as s3.packs. It would be ridiculous to ask people to conert all lots to .packages before upload.

HP, I can change them to .png pretty quickly and thank you for your help. You have always been lovely to everyone on this site and I want you to know that I value the help you have given me since I started playing sims. You are a very nice, helpful person and I just want you to know that