Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:54 AM
Default Weird issue with an accessory
Hi! I'm having a really weird problem with this accessory I did. It seems that sim's scalp takes the color of the accessory, and when you zoom out it looks worse. Here's a pic:

It's under glasses, assigned to the head. I don't know what to do, I never had this problem before
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
Accessories doing wonky things with textures... yep that seems to be the theme of the week.

It may be that your accessory's texture's TGI may have landed on the same TGI as the scalp. Try changing the Instance hash either manually, or by changing the project name in CTU.

At least with this issue, you can sort-of cover it by using a hair without a part. With the other accessory texture issue, the textures for most accessories with meshes goes all blurry when you add more than one accessory.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:43 AM
Ok, thanks for the info, I'll try that ^-^
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:44 AM
Rez, you forgot about the accessory morphs and accessory LODs. It's Fun With Accessories Week!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:48 AM
I know that this is an uvmap issue...some EA acc has this problem too nubie...Try to remap it :/
And this don't happens with all hairs...At least one good thing T.T
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:09 AM
i often have similar issue's.
Then i look at a hair mesh in CAS and see glitches in it from the color of the outfit.
But since i also have it on default stuff i figured it would be my graphics..
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:26 PM
Yeah...I play with all setting in max but i got this problem,but when i force the game runs with the max via nvidia control panel i don't see this problem more...

But i still thinking this is an uvmap problem :p
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:01 PM
I tried everything (uv map, mesh comments, accessory category) and the problem is still there!