Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 5:55 AM
Default What to do with duplicate townies?
Here's a problem I've had the last few months, and I figure I may as well put it here.

When I was adding Pleasantview to my current hook, Oakbrook, I slightly botched the process, resulting in me having two versions of all the Pleasantview townies - one set with the 'real' names, and the other with randomly generated names. Now, I've had a few ideas as to what to do with the second set:

1. Create a graveyard.
2. Give them all elaborate makeovers to make them look nothing like the originals.
3. Change the ages of them, so I have a teenage Goopy or an elder Meadow Thayer. Perhaps turn some of them into dormies as well.
4. Run an asylum challenge.

Does anyone else have any creative ideas?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 6:40 AM
I suppose "delete them" would not be considered a creative idea.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:02 AM
I would probably do all that you suggested.

Lili you must never delete sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:51 AM
You could get a cow plant to trim the numbers.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 8:29 AM
I rather like the idea of a teenage Goopy
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 8:49 AM
I think I'd age up one half and make them the other halfs parents, with some appearance touch ups of course.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:00 AM
Or you can just leave them The real ones are famous. The others are their stalkers/fans/groupies
Forum Resident
#8 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 9:37 AM
Or you could simply ignore them :-)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 1:12 PM
Give everybody extreme makeovers and you'll soon forget they're duplicates. Aging some of them down and up is a grand idea - there's never enough teens, children, or elders. You can even age some of them all the way down and seed the adoption pool with them. Just remember to change their aspirations and so on when you age them down.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:39 PM
Ideally, if you age someone down to child, you need to change their LTW in SimPE back to 'Grow Up'.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:43 PM
I think I would:

1. Make lots of new sims in the Body Shop.
2. Open SimPE and change the "clone townies" names and/or surnames.
3. Use Alt Sims Surgery to change the apparence of the duplicates with my Body Shop sims.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:01 PM
But if you do that, their features won't be genetic.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But if you do that, their features won't be genetic.

I thik it is genetic, but dominant features won't get carried over:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...297#post3898297

Can anyone confirm?

ETA: Yes, I've found this information in the readme for Theo's alt sims surgery plugin:
Quote: Originally posted by Theo
Bugs/Limitations:

Sim templates are like CAS sims! They don't have recessive gene data, so your patient sim will
become genetically homozygous.

Sim templates carry only one piece of clothing. After the surgery, the patient sim will wear that
particular garment in every situation (work out/swim/sleep/formal).
To correct this, you'll have to re-plan the sim's outfits using a wardrobe.

Sim templates don't have pictures. Even after the surgery process, you'll find that the patient's
picture is not updated. This behavior is intentional. You'll have to correct this in-game by
changing the sim's appearance with a mirror.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 25th Aug 2016 at 6:48 PM.
But the changing of names and playing around with aging would be a great idea!

It's an easy fix (I've done it myself when I misspelled a last or first name), and it oughtn't harm anything if done right.

Maybe change a few traits too, while you're at it.

For newbies (NOT for Ihatemandatoryregister, who definitely is not! )

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Changing_names

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:55 PM
I did this while making my megahood, only with family-bin families. It worked out though - being that I don't allow non-maxis made sims in my neighbourhood, I gave them all personality changes, complete makeovers, aged them down/up and threw them all in the adoption pool so if my sims choose to adopt, they can do so while still not breaking my non-maxis made rule. Kind of didn't realize at the time that although sibling/parent family ties unlink when a child gets adopted, the parent/child relationship doesn't - so when Max and Joshua Flexor adopted a little boy, Bernard (toddler aged Nathan Gavigan clone) - he showed up in the family tree, married and with a son still (who was older than the tot)! I'm not sure if that was just a hiccup or not.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#16 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:43 PM
I wonder if you could do something special now. Like each townie having an evil twin... There is actually a book that you have a clone that you have to kill because only one of you can survive. (Sorry guys. I'm a librarian and a nerd. lol)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 9:22 PM
Plenty of good ideas here. Since I don't use the adoption pool (instead, I have an orphanage and manually add the memories) that gives me another idea for them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:26 PM
Make them all enemies with their "clones". Hilarity (and dust clouds!) ensues when you visit a community lot and both of them show up.
Inventor
#19 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 10:34 PM
Also, in relation to my idea with the cow plant, try to half-resurrect the victims with the grim reaper's phone. Then you'd have a zombie apocalypse.

I'm honestly getting this stuff from a livestream that LazyGameReviewer did of Sims 2: OFB. Instead of actually having a proper home business running, all things went to hell. He got his girlfriend's Sim to turn into a zombie twice, there were fights and shoves everywhere, and from where the lonely cash register was, there were loads of shopping bags littered.