Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:28 PM
Default Can't take care of teleported toddlers and/or babies?
I decided I wanted to make a daycare on my Sims game thought it would be fun, I built the daycare, added the teleporter, and decorated the rooms. Then to my horror, I realize when I teleport a toddler to the daycare I can't take care of it! the lot is residential and none of the adult sims I have can pick up the babies or give them bottles or diaper changes, and that sucks! I was wondering if there was a mod out there that allows adults to pick up teleported babies? Thanks!
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:37 PM
you may have to make the toddlers selectable first?

A few people have day cares that run on residential lots so i'll defer to their expertise but i think that may be the issue
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:16 PM
Default Didn't work...
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
you may have to make the toddlers selectable first?

A few people have day cares that run on residential lots so i'll defer to their expertise but i think that may be the issue
I tried making them selectable, it didn't work.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:49 PM
What teleporter are you using? I use Christianlov's for my daycare and my teacher takes great care of the toddlers. He lives on a residential lot. He can feed, change, and even teach the kids to walk, talk and sing!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
What teleporter are you using? I use Christianlov's for my daycare and my teacher takes great care of the toddlers.
it's a cat teleporter
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:51 PM
Hmmm. I've never used that one. Christianlov's literally adds the sim to the household temporarily. Does your teleporter just allow you to send the sim to the household or add them?

It's a delicate balance.
Theorist
#7 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:15 PM
I also run a daycare on a residential lot. I played it today. I use Inge's meeting controller to do so but I had to set my adult sim as the aunt of the toddlers (SimBlender) if I want her to interact with them. I'm thinking about using Christianlov's mirror like AliaD85.

TBH my daycare runs by itself when the toddlers are potty-trained. They have sippy cups and toddlers mats.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:25 PM
The toddler must be added to the household somehow for sims to be able to interact with them. Same goes for teleported infants. I'm pretty sure most of the mods that include teleporting have some sort of method for doing this.

(I use the "family tree" object that comes with the Insimenator mod for adding sims to the family, mostly just toddlers and infants, as children and above usually work fine when only made selectable).
#9 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM
If you have to add them to the family doesn't that break ties with their actual family? I've been curious about that for awhile
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 8:56 PM
I think it only adds them to the household. Family ties usually aren't changed (Insim has separate options for family ties, but I'm not sure about other mods).

Personally, I never save my game after teleporting sims into a lot or adding them to the household, unless I plan for them to stay there. I mostly do non-legacy storytelling, so I usually don't want to save progress.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Hmmm. I've never used that one. Christianlov's literally adds the sim to the household temporarily. Does your teleporter just allow you to send the sim to the household or add them?
sends them to the household
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:23 PM Last edited by AliaD85 : 21st Aug 2016 at 10:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegum princess girl
sends them to the household
So if it just sends them, it doesn't allow interactions allowed to household members. Hence, there are a lot of things you can't do with your toddlers. You may want to try switching teleporters.

It's a delicate balance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:36 PM
I use Christionlov's teleporter mirror for my day care toddlers, this temporarily moves the toddler to the sims house allowing for interactions between adult and toddler. Other teleporters such as the simlogical cat or simblender telports them in a different way and does not open up the interactions. With these types the toddler is not really moved to your lot which is why the interactions won't be there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegum princess girl
it's a cat teleporter

Jo is right; sounds like you're using inge's teleporter which is shaped like a cat. If you do continue use it, you just have to move in the sim after you teleport the sim to your lot, an option on the teleporter. (Don't worry, you can easily add sims back to their correct household in the same manner.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:56 AM
I wouldn't use the cat and do move in, it will give your toddlers memories of moving house. The mirror is here: http://modthesims.info/d/288005 it gives no memories.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:50 AM
The Batbox has an option to get rid of met sim and move in/out memories, so if you have that its not a big deal.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:09 AM
It's easier to just use the mirror.

~Call me Jo~