Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:21 AM
In my current game I just have one sultan sam (I got from a treasure chest) and one abracadabra. I remember I was swamped with them on my inventor sim. While tinkering to level up, she made four different gnomes of invention. I was up to my neck in gnomes!

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 3:11 AM
I'm more interested in the weird places the gnomes show up. I lose track of them some of the time, but mostly I'll find them staring at the television or puttering around the garden. Most annoyingly, the stereo will turn on at 3am and it'll be one of them.

Does anybody know if the gnomes still pop around if they're on a neighbor's lot? I used to play this crazy inventor named Oddbot, and he has a ton of them.
Forum Resident
#78 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 8:28 AM
Does anyone know how to get the vampire gnome? I'm currently playing a vampire and want the gnome to go with it. If not, I'll just use BuyDebug....
Alchemist
#79 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
Does anyone know how to get the vampire gnome? I'm currently playing a vampire and want the gnome to go with it. If not, I'll just use BuyDebug....

The show up if you plant plasma fruit.
Alchemist
#80 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 2:00 AM
i, for one, love to collect gnomes. im not sure why. even if i dont place them on the lot, i end up storing them in family inventory, and it seems more interesting to me to collect gnomes than insects (or gems--ive already got them pegged >8D).
so far, the only ones to have evaded me for the most part are the caveman & egyptian gnomes. ive already acquired a laundry/teddybear gnome, 'sleeping' gnome, vampire gnome, sculptor gnome, inventor gnome, and magical gnome.

its just a pain in the butt to have them all on one lot, since they like to place themselves in such a way to block my sims from the fridge/shower >8|
and/or VANISH whenever i need to pack up my household and move. le sigh.

EDIT: to add to the post above me, my vampire sim has acquired a vampire gnome at random, before. ive never had them appear after plasma fruit are planted, though O_o...

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Inventor
#81 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia

EDIT: to add to the post above me, my vampire sim has acquired a vampire gnome at random, before. ive never had them appear after plasma fruit are planted, though O_o...

I planted a row of Plasma fruit with my most experienced masterfarmer and he got a Vampire Gnome every night. I had a tresure chest with 18 of them at one point, but one morning there was no gnome but a pile of garbage with a pink center. Was that the gnome exploding in the sunlight because I havent been able to do it since.
Test Subject
#82 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:45 PM
I used to have a ton of Mysterious Mr. Gnomes on my family's lot...but it glitched really bad..I don't know if it was because I had way too many gnomes or if it was glitched because of a mod. I kept finding the gnomes every time I would use the minor. It was getting rediculous how much I had, but I just couldn't sell them. They were too cute!
Inventor
#83 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:08 PM
*LOL* the Vampire Gnomes are not a glitch, the treasure chest hid them from the limiter thing, so as long as I put it in the chest I got a new one, normaly I would have the Orange hat one and a couple of bears and perhaps a sculpting one loose on the lot, up to 4, but in this case there were only the Vampires in a Egyptian treasure chest. I put it in the coffin room with the scarcophigus's and such. You can stack the gnomes inside the chest and I had all the gnomes I had received on the lot there. I tried to explode one of the Vampires with sunlight by putting 4 of them out in the sun with one bear and one orange hat one. The Vampires all moved into the house quite quickly when the sun came up, and the others didnt move much until night.
Page 4 of 4