Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Default Weirds things in my game
I was playing and then a melody started with no reason. I explorer around my sim house for a while, and saw this, floating in the fron yard of a nearby house.
What is this? (I made a video of it too, tell me if you want to see it)

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:26 PM
That's one of the spirits that you're supposed to collect in the ghost hunting career, and the weird music comes with it..

Go suck an elf...
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:37 PM
No ghost hunters in my family... and I saw two yellow versions of it too in the same house. It is occupied, so I do not know why it got chosen to be a haunted house.
Are they dangerous for nearby sims? Should I do something to get rid of them soon for whatever reason?

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:45 PM
I made a ghostbuster NPC, he takes care of those pesky spirits. I place him in all my neighborhoods. He has made a good living, he lives in one of the best lots in my worlds. I guess cause he is the only one ghostbuster.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rafe Weisz
No ghost hunters in my family... and I saw two yellow versions of it too in the same house. It is occupied, so I do not know why it got chosen to be a haunted house.

Are you running StoryProgression ? And do you happen to have an inactive sim with the Ghosthunter profression in town somewhere ?

If you answered true to both, then that explains where the ghosts are coming from. If you want to stop them, locate the Ghosthunter and turn off the "Allow Career" option for them in the mod.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 1:47 AM
Yes, I saw him later. He got to the house, got rid of the spirits, and I think I heard the same creepy music in another house now, so I guess the ghosthunter will be there too.

I was about to ask you how did you know I'm the same rafe that asked for help in your forum, but then I saw my own signature. Ah... stupid me...

Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:08 AM
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I also had a weird musical encounter in my game. I was playing Barnackle Bay, and there are two parks in there, one big, one a bit smaller. On Tuesday, when my guy was visiting the smaller park, the only sound I heard there, was a TV show from TS1. I could hear a child's voice, a man's voice and then some audience clapping, and of course the music from the show. a very nostalgic and weird experience.