Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:12 AM
Default Recoloring the Sliver of Wall Beneath an Overhang
Forgive me if this has already been answered. I'm not exactly sure how to word this and when I searched, I couldn't find it.

Once upon a time, I discovered that I could recolor that little piece of wall beneath a floor tile when I made a balcony. Y'know, that tiny and generic piece of wall they put up there just to give the floating floorpiece some thickness. I don't know how I did it, but my Sim's house has it so I know it can be done.

Flash foward to now: I'm digging a mad scientist basement and making two-level-deep rooms with metal catwalks... Only, the catwalks don't look good because that sliver of wall beneath them looks like cardboard. I've been trying to recolor it, but the option isn't coming up at all. I've also tried recoloring the ones that I previously did and the game won't let me select them. Does anyone know how to do this? I can take a picture of it if need be.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 4:49 PM
Select the create a style icon in build mode (the one that looks like a palette) and click on the bit you want to change. It can be a bit tricky to get the part you want so zoom in if it helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:51 PM
That's just it, though. It's not working. I've zoomed in well enough to have plenty of room for it, but it's not letting me select the space beneath the floor tile. Not just on the new catwalks I've made, but on the previous wallpapers I've colored, too. It won't let me select them to recolor them.

I'm wondering if there was a code I needed to enter in first? I tried just the testingcheatsenabled code, but that didn't change anything.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:55 AM
It's actually pretty tricky to do, but wait until you see the floor edge highlighted. Or at least I would assume so since everything else gets a whitish highlighting when using CASt on it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:54 AM
I don't think it's possible. Someone somewhere made an object you can put over it, that you can recolor.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:36 AM
FINALLY. It let me do the recolor. I swear to you, the two sessions I was building on this lot before, I zoomed in to the point where I could only stare at the side of the catwalk, and it still would not let me change the wallpaper on it. For whatever reason, today, it finally let me do it.

Click on my attachment and you'll see what I'm talking about. I made a balcony look all wooden, instead of wood with a layer of cardboard beneath it.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:49 AM
I'm just curious, does it recolor the rim around the entire structure, or just that tile?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puzzled5543
I'm just curious, does it recolor the rim around the entire structure, or just that tile?

It recolors the rim around that entire level of the structure. I had other balconies I had to recolor individually because they were on different levels. But yeah, as long as it's connected, it'll be covered.
Inventor
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 9:13 AM
For me it helps sometimes to page down to ground level and then to page up to the level I am trying to recolor, it helps when the zoom thing fails.