Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#76 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
It makes sense that TS4 would have more lines of code any ways since it is getting updated constantly. Back then you release a game and that's wit. Patching was a lot more rare.

Tip of the day for software developers: plan patches and updates wizely. too much updates means your software is broken and unfinished. Few updates means your software is broken and unfinished and won't get better any time soon.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
It makes sense that TS4 would have more lines of code any ways since it is getting updated constantly. Back then you release a game and that's wit. Patching was a lot more rare.

Did you already forget the 3 gazillion patches Sims 3 had that even made a lot of modders ragequit? At one point we had patches every 2 weeks, and not all of them pertained to store stuff. I guess the relics of the console format with the story mode plus the multiplayer Sims 4 was supposed to be explains the disparity in the lines of code. As in Sims 2' Lost and Found files, it's way easier to leave the unused/unfinished stuff there than to remove it and risking making a mistake.
BTW 16 millions potty breaks in a week is a proof they made the bladder need empty way too fast
Forum Resident
#78 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 4:36 PM
I don't think it means that TS4 is more broken at all but just how games work nowadays. I mean Steam has a whole "Early Access" thing where games are being made and released at the same time.

Also I didn't forget that Sims 3 had a lot of patching too, I think the constant updates to the game was established then in Sims 3.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Mad Poster
#79 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:37 PM
I forgot about that. It was a reason I didn't want to add any custom content. I was waiting for the series to end and have all the bugs ironed out first.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Inventor
#80 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:08 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 9th Feb 2016 at 8:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I was waiting for the series to end and have all the bugs ironed out first.

Tip of the day for software developers: leave some bugs left and end the support as soon as possible, this way users have a special reason to buy the new software.
Instructor
#81 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:53 AM
So today I tried the Gardner service and I liked it but what I didn't like was having to click on a plant to hire him. I don't get why they didn't add it to the phone

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Forum Resident
#82 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
So today I tried the Gardner service and I liked it but what I didn't like was having to click on a plant to hire him. I don't get why they didn't add it to the phone

There is an option under services

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Top Secret Researcher
#83 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72

They add to both as some people dont like navigating the phone menu. Same goes to hiring repairmen, masseurs etc.
Instructor
#84 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
There is an option under services

I must have over looked it ( slaps self ) Ty

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Smeg Head
#85 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Tip of the day for software developers: more code doesn't mean better user experience.

Indeed, and the patches since November have been as much about removing coding and streamlining as putting new stuff in. Make of that what you will, but it certainly does make any statements, charts and info-thingys about truckloads of more data seem irrelevant, now that they're hoiking vanloads out. Now will the pie charts plummet in honest retrospect?
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 10:18 PM
I wish they were capable of just releasing straight up informative patch notes and not have someone practicing their middle school stand up routine at the same time.
Page 4 of 4