Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:36 PM
Default The Laundry Gnome
Has anyone else acquired a laundry gnome? My Sim got one while doing the Laundry. I named him Arnulfo and set him on the counter top next to the washing machine. The next day Arnulfo was frolicking amongst my Pomelo trees...

After this event Arnulfo disappeared never to be seen again. At least... I can't find him...

Any other stories of Arn-I mean, the laundry gnome?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:42 PM
Bumping this cause I know ppl must have stories of the Laundry gnome and for some reason this post never showed up... till now.
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:32 PM
I had one, too. it appeared the first night after I bought the washing machine, but I didn't knew it was a gnome, I thought it was a strange looking teddy bear. So I just put it in the inventory of a child in my household, and it's still there.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:55 PM
I got one, didn't know what it was, stuck it on the trophy case, but then I couldn't save my game and lost that play time.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:11 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I think he's a bear because he's based on the Snuggles Fabric Softener bear from the commercials. That's my guess anyway. He sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my computer redone so I can see him in game for myself.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:24 PM
I have one and a gnome of invention also. Sometimes the invention gnome will disappear and I can't find him. I think my laundry gnome is evil though All of my sims went out to eat and when they came home my tv was broken and the laundry gnome was sitting in front of it.

I'm not sure if magic gnomes can break things but I'm positive that it wasn't broken when they left. It had the unbreakable upgrade too!!

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:08 PM
Definitely based on the (creepy) Snuggle Bear ... *shudder* ...

my Gnome of Invention disappeared too -- I think it spontaneously exploded ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. I think he's a bear because he's based on the Snuggles Fabric Softener bear from the commercials. That's my guess anyway. He sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to get my computer redone so I can see him in game for myself.

Oh wow I never made the connection! That totally makes sense. I was wondering why would a teddy bear be a "laundry gnome". Good to know I'm not the only one who's had them disappear. I wish they'd stuck around a bit more. I have a Mysterious Mr. Gnome and Chinese Gnome (you know the Monkey Kung Fu one) and they don't anything cool.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
How do you get this bear? does he just appear as long as you have a washer and a dryer? I must have him, he is adorable. It's like a mini Claire the Bear from TS1. I miss her.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:52 PM
I've only ever gotten him from doing my laundry at a laundromat. I've never actually put any of the gnomes out though, because I'm paranoid that they'll disappear...
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:28 PM
There's a couple new gnomes, you can find them all using "debug" command.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:49 PM
I think he looks suspiciously like Pedobear.

The buydebug description says "you're not quite sure where in time you picked up this gnome" assuming you could probably get it from the time machine as well.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
He does look like Pedobear! He's still cute though. I've made a laundrette but haven't used it yet nor do I have a dryer so perhaps that's why I've not found one yet. One of my sims made the inventor gnome.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
Woah, what are gnomes? Is this a thing? Why does it appear when you do laundry? *confusion*
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:48 PM
Not sure about Sims 1, but Sims 2 had lawn gnomes that sims would steal from each others' yards. In Sims 3, there are regular decorative gnomes, and also "magic gnomes" that teleport around the lot when the Sims aren't watching, and turn up in different poses. There was one in the basegame (findably by fishing or catacomb diving), and three more with World Adventures... and quite a handful more with Ambitions All acquired in different ways.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
In The Sims 1 Makin Magic, you could craft and enchant lawn gnomes that would garden, get drunk, or kick your sims.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:25 PM
I got one earlier today! He started off on the counter in the bathroom and ended up doing a handstand in front of the house:

Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
Time for AA meetings.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
In Sims 3, there are regular decorative gnomes, and also "magic gnomes" that teleport around the lot when the Sims aren't watching, and turn up in different poses. There was one in the basegame (findably by fishing or catacomb diving), and three more with World Adventures... and quite a handful more with Ambitions All acquired in different ways.

My sim got a troglodyte when she travelled back in time. It's a magic gnome that looks like a little caveman.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:31 PM
I only missed the robo-gnome. Anyone lucky with that one?
Laundry gnome comes form dryer. Never got it from washing machine.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:59 PM
So the bear just shows up randomly?
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Not sure about Sims 1, but Sims 2 had lawn gnomes that sims would steal from each others' yards. In Sims 3, there are regular decorative gnomes, and also "magic gnomes" that teleport around the lot when the Sims aren't watching, and turn up in different poses. There was one in the basegame (findably by fishing or catacomb diving), and three more with World Adventures... and quite a handful more with Ambitions All acquired in different ways.

I was inventing on the work bench...making Many Widgets with speed up to 4, when the Magic Inventor Gnome I had made earlier just appeared on the Work Bench next to me...1st time I'd seen one move while watching.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kindergoat54
So the bear just shows up randomly?

Yes, I think it's random. I got mine from the washing machine. Just have your Sims do laundry every day (don't let the maid do it!) and you should get it.

Mine has completely gone MIA. Cause I've just finished a massive remodeling of the house and Arnulfo is nowhere to be found!

[EDIT]: Anyone know of a list of all the in-game gnomes? I only have the Monkey one and the base game gnome. I didn't even know there were multiples in WA (though I haven't played that game a lot...)
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:02 PM
There's...

Mysterious Mr. Gnome (base game) - standard gnome!
Sultan Sam Magic Gnome (WA/Egypt) - pharaoh gnome
Master Manchu Magic Gnome (WA/China) - martial arts gnome
Little Leon Magic Gnome (WA/France) - Napoleon gnome
Troglodyte (AMB/Time travel to past) - caveman gnome
Magical Gnome of Invention (AMB/Invention bench) - scrap gnome
Magical Gnome of Sculpting (AMB/Sculpting station(?)) - stone gnome
Laundry Gnome* (AMB/Laundry) - bear gnome

* In buydebug, this guy is called Abracadabra! and the flavor text says something like "you're not sure when in time you picked up this little gnome". Kinda sounds like it was first intended to be gotten though time traveling?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:32 AM
If you don't want to use the buydebug to get the WA gnomes, you can pick them up in the museum in France. Just drag them into your inventory.
Page 1 of 4