Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 12th May 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dj Music
Did you make sure to change the ''Fill'' icon from FG Colour Fill to Pattern Fill?

Yes... the pattern goes over the part it's suppose to. After that, I did what this explained. I selected choice none... and then went on with the other half like this told. I picked FG color fill and filled the bottom half with black. Then I saved it and closed the program. When I refreshed... it all went black. LOL! I'll keep on trying, though until I get it. Thanks so much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:31 AM
for some reason I can't get any new patterens to show up. i saved it in the gimp patterns folor and I made sure the file was /pat and I hit save, I restarted gimp. but nothing shows up, just the same default patterns
Test Subject
#103 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:05 AM
It says that I have the lavender pattern saved in the pattern folder,but it doesnt show up in the list of patterns. I don't know if anyone still reads this but if they do, could someone please help
Test Subject
#104 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 12:08 AM
nm i closed it and when i opened it up it was there btw it is a fantastic tutorial
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 26th Aug 2009 at 11:20 PM
great tutorial, but i wanted to make a zebra print as a pattern, but i could never find it, is there a size necessity for it to become a pattern.?

You want your female sims in style?
check out Val's Designs
You want your male sims in style?
check out Simmanly
Click em'! You won't be sorry ;]
Test Subject
#106 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:26 PM
Ok so I was doing good until I had to do the black part because it won't let me put the color on. Help?
Forum Resident
#107 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 4:11 PM
This is a very good tutorial as I've done it 6 months ago, and now that i read it again it makes more sense. looking forward for more of your beautifull tutorials. Thank you very much for sharing and helping.
Test Subject
#108 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:26 AM
That was really, very well explained. Thankyou! It helped me alot
Test Subject
#109 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 12:48 PM
Thankyou ever so much!

Have created My First Ever recolour and am very happy with it, the quality is perfect.

I can now give something back to the MTS2 Community after so long of trying!!

I Love You Ash, My Darling Angel <3
Test Subject
#110 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:55 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I discovered body shop like a month ago and I just try to work with it a day ago! And now I know it !!! =)
Test Subject
#111 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:20 AM
my lavender swatch isnt coming up in the patterns folder, and i've tried the steps up to there twice! what's wrong?
Mad Poster
#112 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UsernameNotAvailable
my lavender swatch isnt coming up in the patterns folder, and i've tried the steps up to there twice! what's wrong?

Maybe you saved the swatch somewhere else.
Test Subject
#113 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 8:02 AM
I found it! Turns out the problem was that I didn't close and reopen GIMP. I just opened a new project, then closed the old one.

However, now I have three lavender swatches. *smiles*

I haven't figured out how to delete the extra two yet, because for some reason my computer won't let me.

I'm sure I will though.

Thanks for your help!
Bunned
#114 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 8:32 PM
You make amazing tutorials! I went crazy trying to make...well...anything with other tutorials I found from just about everywhere. I created my first re-textured dress within fifteen minutes! Thank you soooo much!
Test Subject
#115 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 8:31 AM
Default Dealing with the Blues
Quote: Originally posted by ghostbell8
it kinda works for me i guess i didn't do the right dress well i was black then i clicked refresh the boot stayed black and the dress changed to greenish blusish...

This worked for me. I don't remember where I learned it--somewhere non-sims-related--but it does the job:

When you export your bmp file, a small dialog box will come up with three buttons at the bottom: Help, Export and Cancel.

Don't click export yet!
Click "advanced options."
Then, under 24 bits, select R8 G8 B8.
Now click the export button.
Go to Body Shop and refresh the image. It should display normally.

I use the gimp, Blender and SimPE.

I play TS2 and TSM. I own TS3, but like TS2 better.

Current project: learn Sims 2 meshing
Test Subject
#116 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 5:39 AM
Taking a trip down memory lane with my dear friend Kathleen, whom the world lost 5 years ago to a very aggressive cancer. She was a treasure, and I find myself missing her often <3
Page 5 of 5