Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:01 AM
Default Removing Platinum Aspiration?
I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum; I wasn't totally sure where to put it. In the Sims 2, I would really like to see a mod for removing perma-plat status. I would do it myself if I had the faintest idea how, but alas... I'm a baker not a programmer, Jim! With the addition of the Lifetime Aspiration Meter, I suddenly found it too easy to achieve perma-plat status. All my sims have it. My TEENS have it, and I'm not even trying. It takes all the challenge out of the game. If it already exists and I just did the wrong google search, or if someone has the inclination to make it... well, that'd be awesome. Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:20 AM
This section is for help making mods, you wanted the Where Can I Find or the Help board.

I had this recently with a young adult and lowered the aspiration with the Sim manipulator. Other mods might have that function.

Before I did this I downloaded 'Fragile perma Plat' http://cyjon.net/node/345 After a while I got a pop up notice saying my sim had some kind of bad experience (she hadn't it was just me lowering her to gold) and she had lost her permaplat status. This caused the LTA meter to drop as well.

To help this along I also use Slower Life Time Aspiration Gain. http://www.cyjon.net/node/404 If you don't use an extended life mod this will probably be enough, but I use a double aging mod so the meter was filling by YA age.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#3 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Simonut : 31st Jul 2015 at 10:11 PM.
I love Platinum Aspiration I have a custom neighborhood where I wanted all my Sims there to reach Platinum. It was hard and took a while but it happen., I like it because my Sims are in a good mood and seem to be happy.
They still have their wants and fears and can still get in a bad mood but is short or it is rare; also I do not have to put up with them crying like a baby all the time. But just because I like it do not mean other do, everyone play their game differently.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".