Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 9:39 PM
Default Creating Wallhangings?
Okay, so i was trying to find tutorials on how to create wallhangings and such, but I was kinda confused.

I want to take the GRILLEDCHEESE painting and make a new object using that mesh, but with a different picture on the front.

Do I use the PHOTOSTUDIO thing in SimPE? I did it and exported it as a package, but how do i change the name and description (that show up in the game) of the new painting?

Thanks!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 11:30 PM
Erm, well, most of the time if you're not changing the shape of an object (its mesh) you don't change its description, just recolour it. For example, recolours of the 'Bella Squared' painting still have the name 'Bella Squared' and its description and price. I'd personally find it very annoying to have a different entry in my catalog for each recolour of a painting if they're all based on the same mesh.

We've got lots of interesting tutorials, including ones on how to recolour simple objects like a painting. Do a little reading and searching and you should be able to find them.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.