Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2018 at 12:52 PM
Default High Waisted Skirt
I want to raise this skirt up so there's no skin gap. It's sitting at the Maxis waist. I've seen skirts that go up higher, but admit that I have no idea how that's achieved.

Can anyone help?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:02 PM
Maybe you could edit the alpha and texture to go up higher?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2018 at 2:30 PM
I did try that but it didn't work.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd May 2018 at 8:55 PM
Some bottoms are weird like that. Some EAxis bottoms have an issue where they're technically cathegorized as full-body outfits, which gives the midriff issue that alphas can't fix (the ones that don't work properly with texture-only untucked tops). If the skirt was cloned from one of those bottoms, its possible the skirt also has that issue. Not sure how to fix it, tough.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:15 AM
That may be the problem, as I separated the skirt from a full body outfit. Damn, thanks anyway.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:28 AM
You probably used one of the pre-borked bottoms as a base for the bottom. They're the ones that cuts off skintight untuckable tops midway down. If you choose one that does work with untucked tops as a base for your mesh, you shouldn't get this problem. (As an example, the dark H&M jeans with heels are an example of bad files, but the H&M jeans with colored sneakers are fine).

You could try to remake the skirt, using a working bottom for the recolor file and extracting a working mesh for the mesh file. Just make sure to use the info from the new files instead of from the ones you first made. That would probably fix the alpha issue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:51 AM
So, you mean when I create a new mesh package that the mesh I start from needs to be untuckable? And so does the recolour base?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:35 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:24 PM
Thanks. Unfortunately that didn't work either. Looks like I'm stuck not being able to use that top.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:08 PM
It could be a similar problem with the top, too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
Damn it, this outfit is determined to drive me crazy. DX
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:59 AM
If you're using Milkshape, did you make sure the comments for the skirt match other working bottoms?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:00 PM
I checked and the only difference was something called NoMorphNorms:. Should that make a difference?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:51 PM
That might be the issue. It's mentioned here as a potential problem with separates where there are visible seams: http://modthesims.info/d/356866
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th May 2018 at 3:57 PM
If you want her to stop showing her belly button, it the top not the skirt (and it looks really nice.).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:26 PM
Thanks. I have come to the conclusion that it is the top. Being an alpha top, it simply isn't allowing any skirt texture to show up. Unfortunately I don't think it's fixable. I've tried messing around with the top and got nowhere.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th May 2018 at 7:51 PM
The skin parts shouldn't be on the alpha parts of the top, and should allow for skin or anything ont he bottom to show up. Have you checked to see if the mesh has the proper comments/settings?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th May 2018 at 4:15 AM
Yes. Everything seems fine.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th May 2018 at 11:41 AM
Do you have both the files, so I can take a look? Could be something you've missed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th May 2018 at 12:46 PM
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th May 2018 at 10:32 PM
Since both meshes are 3t2/4t2 meshes, you'd have to add the extra texture to the "top" or "bottom" texture, with the alpha and texture in the place of the belly, not to the "noblend" layers.

The "Bottom" layer doesn't have any skin parts, and the "top" layer only has a bit of the belly, but the texture will overlay the skin so that doesn't matter. It's easier if you extract the UVmaps for the "top" and for a body mesh, so you get the texture in the right spot.

The "noblend" layers don't overlay the skin, so any extra texture added to those won't show anyway.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2018 at 4:16 AM
I'm making progress! Still got to arrange the textures so there's no line, but that is something that I can handle. XD

Thanks heaps! You've helped me with about the last 4 problem threads I've had and all the previous ones fell to my lack of knowledge. I'm glad to finally have one where it wasn't a waste of time for you 'cause I'm dumb.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:53 AM
Happy to help

I see why you had troubles with these clothes, because it's not a very logical way to work with textures. TS3/4 meshes aren't easy to alpha edit unless you know the tricks.