Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 2:44 PM Last edited by netalula : 12th Apr 2010 at 4:59 PM.
How would you look like in Sims?
Here is a tiney challange for sims addicts and self addicts:

make a sim of yourself using no custum content, and no content from stuff packs! You can chose to post it here or not. this is just an idea to pass the time..

just got an amazing idea! do two pic., one with no cc or spc and another one incudng whatever u want!

"Why do you think Dumbeldore left you that book, Miss Granger?" asked Scrimgeour.
"He ... he knew I liked books, said Hermione in a thick voice, mopping her eyes with her sleeve.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (Bloomsbury)
Pg.143
line19-22
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 10:21 PM
I think it is impossible to make my selfsim using no CC.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Apr 2010 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elvie
I think it is impossible to make my selfsim using no CC.

I have to agree here. I could never see myself with any of the Basegame hairs, Maxis Eyes, or most clothes.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 12:17 AM
Ditto! None of the hairs resemble mine, there aren't any freckles or piercings. Plus I don't really think the Maxis skintones are pale enough. And as for clothes, there is nothing similar to what I wear.
Scholar
#5 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 12:52 AM
Me too, although I have it in bodyshop and can make a clone with no CC...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 5:21 PM
My selfsim is in my avatar. She died many years ago, before I found out about the Elixir of Life.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 5:41 PM
I've tried to make a self-sim, with no success whatsoever. I have a rather distinctive nose (no, not a large honker, just ... well ... distinctive), and there seems to be NO way I can replicate it in CAS.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Inventor
#8 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I've tried to make a self-sim, with no success whatsoever. I have a rather distinctive nose (no, not a large honker, just ... well ... distinctive), and there seems to be NO way I can replicate it in CAS.

Try bodyshop instead then, almost everything is possible there. I made some folk spot on in Bodyshop, when CAS just has too little options to get it right.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
Try bodyshop instead then, almost everything is possible there. I made some folk spot on in Bodyshop, when CAS just has too little options to get it right.

I really like the options in Bodyshop and I think almost all types of noses can be done there. I wonder why EA haven't made a Bodyshop for Sims 3? It's needed!
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 10th Apr 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Well, someone's gotta be first. This took about five minutes, since my self-sim is already in Bodyshop.

Nothing is right, really. And I'm not that good at buiding sims, so this isn't really what I look like. (My method for building sims is "select a default face and be done with it!" However, I did spend more time on this one.) Except for the skin - I selected a Maxis skin, but since my defaults are in the game, it chose that instead.

Edit: Here's my heavily-CC version:

Still working on it.

tumblr
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 12:17 AM
It's the very first thing I did when I got bodyshop. Remember they were giving out the download for bodyshop months before they released sims 2. And I had zero custom content of course.

I wouldn't wear a top that short now, but 6 years ago I would've considered it

Here's a close-up but with longer hair
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 11:16 AM
This is my sim-self. I don't wear those clothes...but I do need baggy jeans.
She usually wears the DEVO shirt I made. Thinking I should make a Reverse Evolution tank top now.
Screenshots

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by netalula
Here is a tiney challange for sims addicts and self addicts:

make a sim of yourself using no custum content, and no content from stuff packs! You can chose to post it here or not. this is just an idea to pass the time..

Everyone tells me my self-sim looks just like me. And I'd love to post a pic but have no idea how--link to instructions, please?
Scholar
#14 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 2:47 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=330419

tumblr
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 1:19 AM
Thank you Kailacat--once I take a picture of my self-sim, I know know exactly how to share it!

Dumb question again--how do I take a picture of my self-sim? Can I do it within the game itself?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 1:32 PM
Yes. Press 'c' and the pic is saved in the screenshots folder in your NH folder.
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 1:34 PM
Okay--thanks--where do I find the NH folder?

(Sorry for being so dumb about all this--I've never tried to export pics before)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 2:02 PM
In your Sims 2 folder in My Documents there is folder called 'neighbourhoods'. In that are more folders - one for each neighbourhood you have in game. Your photo will be in the screenshots folder in the relevant neighbourhood folder.
Scholar
#19 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 3:16 PM
Adding onto what el_flel said, you probably won't be able to tell which neighborhood is which at first, but they are in order. For example, if you didn't delete the Maxis neighborhoods, your first custom neighborhood would be N004. Pleasantview is N001. They go in order.

tumblr
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 5:54 PM

My selfsim with and without CC (clothes), but the eyes are default replacements.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:04 AM
I've done that.
I scared myself with my sim. *shudders*

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:58 AM
I'm in my lil avatar...but here's a bigger version:

Ignore the funny bloke behind me
My hair isn't that long, though not far off at the mo (needs a cut) and I currently have no tan what-so-ever...but the pic was taken while my sim was on holiday on Twikki Island, and it's the best one I have pre-CC!

Test Subject
#23 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 5:35 AM
*points to icon*

OK, maybe I'm not that grey yet, but I'm getting there.
Scholar
#24 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 10:38 PM
Here's mine (I took out my default replacement eyes just so I could take the snaps!):
Base-game:

CC:

And a close-up:
Base-game:

CC:

Out of the hairstyles, I'm quite happy with the base-game one but my hair is NEVER that short nor that neat! However, clothes-wise I prefer brightly coloured t-shirts to jumpers...

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.