Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 8:29 PM
Do you prefer playing for simming or to build lots?
Simming, usually

How many neighborhoods do you play and what are their names?
I really only play one custom neighborhood called "..." >.>"

Do you prefer to make your own Sims or play with the pre-made ones or a little of both?
Custom sims. Maxis sims are fugly.

How many playable sims do you have in your favorite/most played hood?
uhm...at least 11, I think...

What is your favorite family/sim to play(cutsom or premade)?
I don't have a favorite.

How many generations have you gotten in your game?
2 o.0"

Do you play sims realistically or in time periods, fantasy settings, celebrity themed, characters from established shows/fandoms, or soap opera scenarios, etc?
I like to play sims as realistically as possible most of the time.

Custom content folder size (unless you don't use it:P)?
3,500 files last time I checked. :P

Favorite kind of custom download (ie, hair, clothes, objects)?
Eyes xD

Use hacks? What's your favorite?
I use hacks. Don't have a favorite.

What meal do you like to make your sims eat the most?
Not sure...

If you could be a sim, what would your aspiration be?
Uh...maybe the knowledge one. Maybe.

If you could obliterate a need bar from the game, which one would go?
Environment

The most annoying thing your sims do:
Not sure...

Have your Sims suffered from glitches? Which was the worst?
The only annoying glitch I can remember was one that wouldn't let my sims woohoo. I had to use the orgy rug from sexy sims to get girls pregnant. -.-

Your above all favorite expansion (one):
Proably university. Because of the cowplants.

Favorite Sim television channel?
The Yummy Channel

Favorite Sim music station?
None. I hate the sims' music stations.

Favorite Sim interaction?
Make out. xD

Favorite Sim videos/series on Youtube?
The Sims 2 Machinima- Ruska by Pyronium13 on Youtube (:

Jack and Jill went up the hill to have a little fun,
Jill forgot to take her pill and now they have a son!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:59 AM
Simming, I haven't tried building a lot yet.

Just one right now - Pleasantview

Do you prefer to make your own Sims or play with the pre-made ones or a little of both?
I perfer making my own sims and mixing them with pre-made ones like you.

I'm not sure, I have Pleasantview and I haven't created a sim yet so however many comes in that neighborhood .

So far the Dreamer Family.

3, I think.

Do you play sims realistically or in time periods, fantasy settings, celebrity themed, characters from established shows/fandoms, or soap opera scenarios, etc?
Realisticly but they definitely have their soap opera moments!

1.32 GB I'm not sure if that's a lot or not :P

Hair & Clothes

The only one I've ever used was Inteenimator but it messed up my game so none at the moment.

One of the desserts I forgot the name of it.

Family

Environment it's useless

The most annoying thing your sims do: Make their beds no matter what I tell them to do and cancel out of it - exactly what you said haha

Hmm i remember once my sims faces turned blue and they didn't have any eyebrows lol but besides that none.

Nightlife.

I don't have one.

Hip-Hop or Pop.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:50 PM
Both.

Just one custom neighbourhood called Magnolia Falls.

Make my own although I don’t mind the Maxis townies.

30-ish.

The Huber family (custom). I wasn’t really interested in them at first but after they produced four children (one set of twin girls, two boys) that have such beautiful combinations of features from their parents and each having very distinctive personalities, they have grown to be my favourite family

I’ve only ever played realistic.

2.9 Gigs. Ugh.

I can’t turn down a well made dining chair or couch lol!

Don’t remember who made it but it’s a ficus plant that has heaps of options like to change motives, appearances and teleport Sims. I have it on almost every lot; it’s especially useful on vacation lots.

Mac and cheese

Pleasure/family

Comfort. I’m probably the only one that likes the environment bar lol. One of the first things that I do when I move in a family is to have one Sim check out every room in the house. I like to know if my Sims like the new ‘habitat’ that I built them. Hehe.

The butler always disturbing the baby and ignoring other chores.

When I tried to delete strays in Simpe. All my strays ended up with their front legs tucked in like chicken wings and were gliding all over the place. It creeped me out so much that I had to delete the entire neighbourhood.

University. It’s a favorite but not essential.. hmm.

The News channel. The segment where UFOs are destroying SimCity is so funny!

College rock and R&B.

Making out on the couch. I love their expressions!

None. But maybe the Hot and Cold simlish music video.
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 1:36 PM
Both. I'm starting to get better at building. Yay me.

Wincheshire is my custom made one. The building of that is going slowly. And I have one just simply named "Challenge Hood" for when I want to test challenges that I may want to play. I also play Pleasantview and Strangetown occasionally. I dislike Veronaville.

I like to make my own, unless I'm trying to make a celebrity, then I use a custom. My sims are terrible,

No idea, don't ask me these difficult questions!

The Winchesackles family. They're my legacy family, and I love each and every one of them, even the spares.

Ever? About 4. At the moment? 3.

Depends on my mood, and which sims

1,341 files.

Hair!

Hmm, I'm not too sure. INSIM probably

Chef salad, so they don't burn the house down.

Erm, pleasure

Environment. It's pointless. For me anyway.

The most annoying thing your sims do: Sit on that exercise bike ALL DAY LONG. And then nearly die.

They've disappeared before. And the toddlers used to float a lot. But that's it I think.

Seasons. Unfortunately my laptop can't handle it

The Cooking channel.

I don't have one, I turned the sound for the stereo off

Brag. It's hilarious.

I don't watch them. Mainly because I get jealous. Also because it makes me crave to play my game.

Hippo
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:30 PM Last edited by Julieryc : 12th Apr 2010 at 3:28 PM.

I like doing both; which I prefer varies depending on my mood. I probably prefer simming to building, though.

One, though it's run through a few iterations. The basic name for the 'hood is Otherworld. I restarted it as New Otherworld when I learned about clean templates and things like not deleting sims from the Sim Bin; recently, I've decided to make an Ultimate Otherworld because I want to restart the 'hood with zero townies (and try out some new genetics while I'm at it.) I played New Otherworld for about 3-4 years; I'm in the process of building Ultimate Otherworld, and haven't yet created any sims for it yet.

Custom sims all the way. I NEVER use pre-made sims. They're ugly and boring.

New Otherworld has about 1000 sims, spread out over 5 generations, but it was bloated by the addition of all those stupid AL social groups (part of the reason I decided to build Ultimate Otherworld.)

What is your favorite family/sim to play (custom or premade)?

I love playing my self-sim and her family; I also love playing some of my Harry Potter families. My sim-Lupin and sim-Tonks were great to play; they had six adorable children.

As I said, 5 in New Otherworld. But I play a massive, full neighborhood, rotating through dozens of families.

I play a combination of sims from various sci-fi/fantasy fandoms: Harry Potter, LJ Smith's novels, Animorphs, and some characters from things I've written, along with my self-sim and sims of some of my college friends.

Custom content folder size?
3.6 GB.

You mean you're going to make me pick?

I love custom hair. I have a disproportionate amount of clothing for adult females. I also have a disproportionate number of paintings and bedding.

Some of my favorite things are individual pieces of content: some LOTR and HP wall hangings, a brass bed, some quilted beddings all immediately come to mind. I don't think I could play without the custom skins and eyes that make my sims pretty.

Yes. A ton. My favorites, aside from the clean templates and the things that enable me to play the game without having to worry about a BFBVFS (MATY's director's cut), are definitely creature hacks: the nopersonalitychange hack for werewolves and the no name change/skin change for witches in particular.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot this, because it's so essential - TwoJeffs' Age Duration
Hack, the one that extends the adult lifespan and shortens elders accordingly.

Pancakes. Don't know why.

Also chef salad, because they can't burn it.

Knowledge. (In-game, I'm knowledge, with family as my secondary aspiration.)

I don't know! Comfort, methinks.

The most annoying thing your sims do

Pee themselves because they're waving at me complaining they need to pee. (And free will is on, gosh darn it!)

The original Otherworld imploded when I deleted a sim from the Sim Bin. That was before I knew about backups (or before I knew much about sims in general), and it was a very, very sad day. I started having problems with deleted SWAFs and such.

This is a hard one. Freetime, Seasons, and NL were probably best for overall gameplay, but I love witches in AL. (Even Pets is good for werewolves!) BV and OFB add the least to my gameplay.

The cooking show that ends in fiery death.

College rock. I actually found the music of Charlotte Martin through Sims 2. (I now own all her albums, thanks to the fact that "Beautiful Life" was pretty enough in Simlish that I wanted to find the song in RL.)

I don't know. Babies cuddling pets are pretty cute.

None. Never watched one.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 3:01 PM
Simming. I get easily bored when it comes to build lots, and I rarely like the results XD

Three: Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview and a custom one I'm making now, Driftwoods (named after the neighborhood template... I have lots of fantasy when it comes to names, I know )

Customs sims!!! I love having my own stories!

Around 20, I think... don't remember, in effect.

My version of Blackie Lawless! I love looking at his faces

2 .____.

I usually go for a realistic gameplay... sometimes I throw a rockstar or an actor in my game and try to make him as similar as the 'real one' as it's possible, but I usually end up making my own stories for him one thing is for sure, I'm totally unable to play the happy little family, unless I REALLY love the sim I'm using.

662 MB

Hair and clothes!

I only have a custom pose box I'm still trying to learn to use XD

Macaroni with cheese (or whatever it's called in the english version)

Knowledge

Comfort. Or environment.

The most annoying thing your sims do: ignoring things I tell 'em to do. Especially when they have to take care of babies.

More than glitches, it was just me using cheats the wrong way. Like using 'stretchskeleton OFF', with the result that my poor sim was looking like a dismembered smiling corpse (not cool), or using 'moveobjects on' to move a sim away while he was playing videogames... and then hitting 'play' again, with the result that his arms started moving behind his back.

I think University. Music instruments were the best *_____*

I usually make them watch horror movies .____.

I usually listen to my own music when I play The Sims, so I can't really tell .____.

Sims teaching rhymes to toddlers *_____* I love the little song they sing XD (I discovered it one of the few days I wasn't listening to my own music while playing, lol)

A lot. There's a guy/girl on Youtube making some kick ass videos for Lady Gaga's songs, he/she reproduces the vids exactly like the original ones... I love those! Hunters Legacy, an italian series posted on Megavideo was one of my favourites, too. Pity it never finished, though
Instructor
#32 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:58 PM
Building. I have two, as the Maxis designed houses are cramped, oddly partitioned, and basically aesthetically unpleasant.

1 Neighborhood, named Innsmouth.

Make my own Sims, as most of the Maxis created ones are butt-ugly.

I have about 30 Sims in Innsmouth.

My favorite Sim is one I made to be the local "hottie"...she turned out really well.

So far, only 2 generations in the current game.

I play my Sims as everyday, ordinary people.

My custom folder is bloody huge (Thank you, MTS!)

My favorite downloads are architectural objects, clothing, and anything that will improve a Sim's appearance.

I tend to shy away from hacks.

Favorite Meal is chef's salad...no fire risk, and they don't get fat as quickly.

If I were a Sim, my aspiration would be knowledge.

The need bar that needs to go is environment. It serves no real purpose except to make you spend tons of simoleons on useless crap.

The most annoying habit my sims have is standing around throwing tantrums because a three-inch high garden border prevents them from trimming a hedge.

No glitches so far....

Favorite expansion was/is Mansion and Garden stuff.

No favorite tv channel.

I can tolerate any of the Sims' radio stations EXCEPT that damned "Salsa" crap...I have to listen to that stuff at max volume every weekend from my neighbors' houses, I don't need it in game. I even went so far as to delete that folder.

Favorite interaction? Does spying on the neighbors with the telescope count? The look on their faces is priceless...

You tube is a waste of bandwidth.
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 6:19 AM
Both actually.

I play with one mostly until I get bored of it and move to another. It's called Keldridge. Or I'll move to another if I want to use and existing sim from another neighborhood and twist their lives up a little differently.

Custom sims. I can't stand how ugly some of the Maxis ones are. There are few I can handle, but they go mostly as friends to my customs.

Err.. like 50 or so maybe.

My custom family, The Zakii's.

2, I'm usually bored with a sim once they've gotten to their elder stage. =\

A lot of my sims are based off of real people or characters I've made up for RP purposes so it's a combination of real life and fandoms with a little drama thrown in from time to time.

I just wiped mine completely since my game started crashing when I went into my decorations folder in-game. =\ Still not sure what was causing it since I hadn't downloaded anything new. I've recovered 200 of 1,500 files so far. Working on it slowly.

Objects and Clothes

Yes, I'd have to say the one that keeps the social worker away. Pu-leez my kid sims should be playing not doing homework! Though the quicker homework hack is happily being applied too.

Toaster Pastries >.<

Family Oriented

Environment

My male sims like to go for the fridge and make horrible breakfast's for themselves when they can't cook for crap and the wife was already making food for everyone. Then I have to cancel it, toss the food out that they left on the floor and keep them occupied or they'll go back for the fridge again.

I made a male sim with a daughter. One day his friend comes over out of nowhere. I let him in and proceeded to make my sim shower since he needed it. The friend began to play and take care of the baby while my sims was occupied. They watched a little TV for a while and when it was late enough that the friend needed to go home, he picked up the baby girl and walked off with her. Her picture disappeared from the bar and she was just gone. I seriously looked at my screen wide-eyed and open mouthed and said 'my baby was kidnapped.' Had my sim call the police but I just got fined for calling without an emergency. Apparently kidnappings in Simville aren't important. >.>

Open for Business and Pets

Cooking

Metal because that's what folder I throw all my music into so when my sims inevitably turn on the stereo and leave it on all bloody day I can at least listen to something with words I understand.

Insult, it's funny to make sims cry.

Don't really look for other people's sim stuff, especially on Youtube but I did find a real funny re-enactment of Micheal Jackson's Thriller as a tribute shortly after he died.
Page 2 of 2