Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 1:36 AM
Vent: School Edition
Your old-fashioned Vent thread, for school.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
Your old-fashioned Vent thread, for school.

Just what I needed! We've got GCSE mocks starting tomorrow at school-and I am the most nervous I have ever been. I've never really learnt how to revise as my memory is generally quite good and I just blag it most of the time...so now, when it gets to a week before mocks, when i've done no revision 'caus i've been in a play which practically took over my life - i'm stressing! Especially about Latin, I used to be quite good at Latin as I have a knack for languages, however I did no work in year 10 - and have to learn 20 A4 pages of Latin literature off-by-heart by Friday (Not to mention vocab and grammar!) Then I have History, French and Biology on Wednesday - haven't even started on History or French, i'll be fine for Biology though...so much to learn from the Russian Revolution, the Bolshevik's uprising, Stalin, American Civil Rights and Sudent Movements, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Johnson, Truman, Nixon, Kennedy and last but not least Hitler's rise to power! EEK!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:26 PM
I'm so stressed out about Exams coming up, mainly Algebra II. My other exams will be ridiculously easy but I'm afraid Algebra II exam might bite me in the ass. We have like two weeks until exams, I'm staying after school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for tutoring. I have Junior friends who tell me not to freak out b/c it's mostly matrices but the tests change every year, and seem to get harder and harder. My average in the class isn't bad but I don't want to fail this exam and end up taking this class again next year.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:33 PM
I'm more worried about my P.E. exam than anything else. It's rather humorous, but I'm fully prepared for all of my other classes. The P.E. exam is 100 questions of possible in-game scenarios, sports regulations, and athletic rules- things I know nothing about and need to inundate into my brain by next Thursday. I understand how to play tennis, badminton, and aerobics, but that's only because I do those activities in my free time, and there ends my expertise . My 96% in P.E. is my lowest grade, which is rather embarrassing.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:43 PM
Wow, Rabid lol...you still have an "A" in the class. Either way I doubt you'll fail it, at my school Gym is required in Ninth Grade and you have to pass it. We had two parts to the exam, Healthy Living and then the Physical Education Exam. A lot of students claimed that the P.E. part was a little more difficult than the Healthy Living Exam but in my case they were both easy.

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:50 PM
Good luck on your exams, guys. We had ours before winter break (apparently grades improve dramatically when students don't have two weeks off to forget everything), and we're still finishing up the first semester. I'm very glad I don't have to worry about studying right now.

^ I guess that turned into not a vent. Sorry about that. :p

Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
My 96% in P.E. is my lowest grade, which is rather embarrassing.
My lowest grade (it was close your PE grade, I think) throughout last school year was in an embarrassingly - and frustratingly, seeing as it was the highest honors level available - easy English class. The class was that way because of the idiot of a teacher we had, though, so I guess it makes sense that she'd grade things weirdly.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:51 PM
ugh! Lucky! It would make so much sense if they gave us our exams before Winter Break. I can't remember a thing from Algebra II.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
Wow, Rabid lol...you still have an "A" in the class. Either way I doubt you'll fail it, at my school Gym is required in Ninth Grade and you have to pass it. We had two parts to the exam, Healthy Living and then the Physical Education Exam. A lot of students claimed that the P.E. part was a little more difficult than the Healthy Living Exam but in my case they were both easy.

I'm jealous of your exam! Sounds like the one I took last year in Health. Where I am, all exams make up for 14% of the semester grade, and mathematics exams compose 16%, so I can't afford to get too bad a grade on the gym exam or it could drop me down to some sort of B. That's not to say that B's are bad, but I have very high standards for myself and would die of shame if my only B so far in high school ended up being in P.E., of all things.

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 10:48 PM
I can't believe they give you a written exam for P.E. Rabid. At my school, we have to run 3 miles around the track outside our gym for our final exam, which equates to 4 times around the track. This may sound easy, but when your gym teacher forces you to run, not jog, not walk, around a very long track and you have a time limit before you get points taken off, it definately sucks. Me and this other guy were the only guys to stay with the girls as all the other guys zoomed past us. LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 10:59 PM
Haha, school related vents? Great idea!

Today, my biology teacher assigned us an overload of homework- all of it due within the next three weeks. We have an essay (and he expects us to spend 3-4 hours researching for it!), two ciritcal reads (which each take 30-45 minutes), a presentation to prepare, detailed decriptions (meaning roughly six sentences) of the roles that certain organelles (there's a list of about twenty of them) play in a cell, and a lab involving rotting tomatoes.

This is depressing... :[ I like my biology teacher and all- he's absolutely hilarious, and quite nice- but we have so much homework!

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 11:29 PM
Chonkers2 Try not to stress, I heard the mocks are harder than the actual exam because the teachers are trying to "scare" you into doing lots of revision. I did no revision for my GCSEs and got an A, four Bs, four Cs and two Ds (which I knew I wasn't going to do well in anyway). And your mocks are just mocks, they don't count towards anything, and by the sounds of things you are going to do scarily well anyway!

I have so much coursework to do in the next fortnight, it's not fun. I have to give a presentation on Monday and OMG am I scared, I hate public speaking!!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 11:38 PM
Omigosh, my homework overload is depressing.
In AP Biology I have to make up a test and a chapter summary (of a 40 page chapter with tiny print and few pictures).
In Humanities I have a semester project which I may have not started, which is due the 16th.
In Issues in American society I'm debating the legalization of marijuana and I have to come up with 25 facts on its impact on crime by... tomorrow.
In British literature I have to write a thesis (15 pages, double spaced) by the 16th, and I have to do something called a quote journal by Friday.
AP Calc is delightfully chill atm.
AP World has a book report (which I haven't started) due on Friday, which I don't plan to turn in on time, and some vocabulary she assigned today.
And build season for the robotics team has started two weeks before my play opens, so I'm missing a third of build season for the play, and I'm at school til between five and nine o clock.

To quote a dear friend of mine:
"GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 11:39 PM
Three miles, happycowlover?! I think I'd rather take the written exam... just one mile wears me out .

In order to submit schedules for next year, we were given a course description guide and a worksheet to fill out with our schedule requests. We were given this in November and told to keep it until January, and knowing that I compulsively lose things, I gave it to my mom for safekeeping. She's the most obsessively organized person that I've ever come across, so I assumed that it would be safer with her than it would with me, but apparently not- she lost it. It's not due until the end of the month, so we have time to find it, but if we don't, I drop to the end of the registration line and get none of the classes I want . I couldn't be more frustrated...

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 11:57 PM
Could you Xerox a friend's copy, Rabid? (That's probably a stupid question. I know things like that usually have preprinted names and such, just to make it difficult. But what a bad idea on somebody's part to give it out two months in advance.)

Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 12:07 AM
That's a good idea, Daisie. They're actually blank sheets, so it would work. The counselors told us that they would not replenish any lost materials, but I'm thinking that if one of my parents goes into the school and requests a replacement, they might be a bit more sympathetic than if I were to do it. If that doesn't work, I'll definitely try your idea. Thanks for the advice :D!

#16 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:15 PM
I must vent about my goddamn Russian teacher. She's also my head of year so she has a huge amount of power over me, she also happens to be the strictest teacher in the whole school, lovely eh? So I've been forgetting homework for her class (which is Russian and I actually can't see the point in studying it) and she has threatened to move me down in my English class. This wouldn't be so bad other than the fact I'm in the gifted set and it will affect my GCSE if I'm moved. I'm dropping Russian next year but if my English is affected it will have a knock on effect as I want to be an English teacher.

Yes she's really annoyed me xD
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:28 PM
I'm so sick of not knowing anyone in my classes... this probably seems like the most shallow, silly complaint in history, but we just got our second semester schedules and, just like it's always been for the entirety of my high school career, I don't know anyone in my classes. I suppose that this is the price I pay for taking upper level subjects, but I hate going through the day without seeing any of my close friends, and sometimes I feel so disconnected from them because we don't get to catch up every day during class like it used to be when we were younger.

I don't know anyone in my lunch, either. I'm sure that I'll end up finding someone, and if I don't I could always take my lunch to the pub room, but for now I'm just wallowing in self pity. I hate feeling lonely at school, because it makes me mad at myself that I feel this way when I have great friends. What's really annoying is that sometimes they constantly complain about not having anyone to be partners with in their foreign language classes, and it irritates me so much. They don't know the half of it; I've had to put up with the same problem in almost all of my classes for two years, and I've learned to deal, so their whining grates on my nerves.

Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 9:56 PM
Not much of a vent but omgaaaaaaah! Exams start next week :sprint:

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 10:06 PM
My Media teacher continues to ignore me when i ask her questions! It pisses me right off and i feel like screaming at her sometimes. it's unreal, everyone in my class agrees. Seriously, it takes the mick! :@

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#20 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 1:00 PM
Second day of the semester. I got my grades back yesterday. I got a C on my geometry final and a low A in English, which is not at all what I wanted. This semester I'll be working my ass off trying to accomplish things and pull out of science and math with As across the board. And I was so looking forward to playing sims again after the computer got back... Sigh.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 3:46 PM
Can friendship gripes be in the thread? Haha.
Agh, it's really getting me down though. I came home and I cried for like, half an hour. And it feels like I have no one in real-life to tell, because I'm so... awkward with words.
But yeah, friend troubles. DAMN THEM.
But I've already griped to plenty of people in chat, so maybe I'll stop now XP
Em
<3
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 12:52 AM
National bloody Honor Society.
Our point keeper is a nitwit.
A bloody potheaded nitwit.
So I thought that for community service hours, to get credit in NHS, you had to turn in the official form the school gives you. Which you, before turning in to the school, has to get signed by the program coordinator you worked for, and two witnesses, at least one over 21, and has an essay portion, minimum seven hundred words.
So I drop my form in the box for NHS figuring that pointkeeper will see the form, give me my points, and give the form to the guidance office.
This did not happen. The idiot left it, and everyone else's points, though I was the only one stupid enough to give him an official form, on the bus the day before a two week break.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I'm so sick of not knowing anyone in my classes... this probably seems like the most shallow, silly complaint in history, but we just got our second semester schedules and, just like it's always been for the entirety of my high school career, I don't know anyone in my classes. I suppose that this is the price I pay for taking upper level subjects, but I hate going through the day without seeing any of my close friends, and sometimes I feel so disconnected from them because we don't get to catch up every day during class like it used to be when we were younger.

I don't know anyone in my lunch, either. I'm sure that I'll end up finding someone, and if I don't I could always take my lunch to the pub room, but for now I'm just wallowing in self pity. I hate feeling lonely at school, because it makes me mad at myself that I feel this way when I have great friends. What's really annoying is that sometimes they constantly complain about not having anyone to be partners with in their foreign language classes, and it irritates me so much. They don't know the half of it; I've had to put up with the same problem in almost all of my classes for two years, and I've learned to deal, so their whining grates on my nerves.

That's why you meet new people. At least YOU get a new lunch, I have B Lunch...again. I've had B Lunch since I started High School.

The end of the Semester is getting closer I'm going to miss the cool people I met; especially in Theater....

Instructor
#24 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 3:56 PM
I have my first law exam tomorrow and it's a written exam which means that I have to run around Copenhagen with my laptop and a fricking printer because they don't have enough equipment for all students. Geez, I wonder if they have any idea how much trouble it is to transport laptop, printer, books, notes etc. by bus in rush hour?

Feel free to call me Squash

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 4:52 PM
AAAARGH I hate school I hate school I hate school.
I hate it so much it is quite possible I might die. It can't be healthy having HATE FOR SCHOOL IN EVERY FIBRE OF YOUR BEING.

Also on a slightly less hysterical note I found out today that my History teacher talked about me in class while I was absent. Basically we were getting our tests back, I had a low grade (4.9/10), and she went on about how she could see from my work that I just wasn't at class enough so I missed notes, and how I was such a smart girl and I could get a 9 if I worked a little harder. It KILLS me that she does this; if she has a problem with me or if she thinks I am slacking off she can tell me in person, not blab about it to fourteen people I don't even really know when I'm not there.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time

Page 1 of 6