Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:27 PM
Default Is it a Romance Sim thing?
Sometimes when a Sim sees a Sim of the opposite sex, they swoon or whistle.

I notice that the Sim they're whistling at (or whatever) is a Romance Sim. I have not noticed this behavior if said Sim is not Romance.

I thought that was interesting. It's like Romance Sims give off some kind of "vibe" or something.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 8:44 PM
Yep, Sims feel attracted to Romance Sims and express their feelings by whistling or swooning, even if they have negative chemistry with them, like Family Sims do, as example.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM
Very true about the romance sim. But I play knowledge and family primarly and when the chemistry is high the will do that finger-lick sizzle thing and often is sounds like my male looking at his girls says "what a body." Its similish, but close enough in sound and intent.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 10:02 PM
With my romance sim when he had woohoo'd with a certain number of sims he had this kind of cocky swagger when he walked. It was hilarious.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 10:12 PM
I've seen all my sims do this and I never play Romance sims..like ever. I thought it had more to do with the chemistry between two sims and whether or not they had the right turn ons/offs to attract certain sims.
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 1:57 AM
While sims will usually express their attraction or lack of attraction for most sims (they will do the finger "sizzle" or boo and give the thumbs down), Romance sims definitely give off a "vibe" and other sims swoon when they are around. There is even a mod to stomp this behaviour, called "no romance sim swoon" or similar.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Simonut : 26th Feb 2010 at 11:07 PM.
I love all the things romance sims do the way they act and walk when they know they look good or cool or have made a score with another sims. Perfect example who is one of my most favorite romance sims is "Don Lothario" from Pleasantview I think he a cute sims as well. When I saw he was with homey looking Cassandra, I broke that up fast hahahaah lol.

Funny thing about romance sims is when they get BUSTED and get SLAP they stand there and cry like a little baby. All in all romance sims are big Player next in line is the popular, and pleasure sims.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:25 PM
I haven't ever sceen this before. I'm going to keep an eye out for it next time I play.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 11:25 PM
Pleasure Sims just want to have fun. Give them a couch to jump on.

(I have noticed that the Change a Diaper fear pops up a LOT when they become parents....)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:21 AM
Romance sims are my favorite aspiration.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:06 AM
Sims with no shy/outgoing points seem to be immune to swooning. Both chemistry related and romance aspiration related. They never swoon in my game. Ever.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I love all the things romance sims do the way they act and walk when they know they look good or cool or have made a score with another sims. Perfect example who is one of my most favorite romance sims is "Don Lothario" from Pleasantview I think he a cute sims as well. When I saw he was with homey looking Cassandra, I broke that up fast hahahaah lol.

It's the ponytails. She needs to get rid of them.

And have you noticed that there's actually poor chemistry between them? Which leads you to wonder why in the world they got engaged in the first place.

Any time I've clicked on the wedding arch at the Goth home, Don Lothario leaves Cassandra at the altar. One time I had him move in first, so I could have him initiate things and she take his name (okay, so I'm old-fashioned, nothing wrong with that), and SHE left HIM!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
And have you noticed that there's actually poor chemistry between them? Which leads you to wonder why in the world they got engaged in the first place.

Money. The Pleasantview storytelling panels make it clear that Don's and Dina's interest in the Goth family is solely for their money.

Any time I've clicked on the wedding arch at the Goth home, Don Lothario leaves Cassandra at the altar. One time I had him move in first, so I could have him initiate things and she take his name (okay, so I'm old-fashioned, nothing wrong with that), and SHE left HIM!

That's because when you first load Pleasantview, as it came out of the box, Don's and Cassie's long term relationship is too low. If you follow the hint box that tells you to do a few romantic interactions between them before going to the arch, their LTR will increase enough that they'll get married with no hesitation. But they knew that most people would go straight to the arch, so you can say that Don leaving Cassie at the altar and her breaking down in aspiration failure was one the little pre-programmed scenarios they made up to teach us how certain aspects of the game (LTR/STR, parties, aspiration failures) worked in the beginning.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 8:54 PM
Don Lothario is quite the "man". I know he has been to the mountains(assumption) Read the tree rings: DL+NC(nina), DL+DC(Dina), DL+CG(cassie) ..so when did that rascal sneak to three lakes with those lovely ladies? :P
Meet Me In My Next Life
#15 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:52 PM
It's the ponytails. She needs to get rid of them.

"AlexanderSpears" You are so right I got rid of that hair lol Don is just to goodlooking of a sims to be with cassandra in the first place lol , also she is a Family sims and a Romance sims have a fear of marriage and children, from what I have read in my official game guide book. So why those two was put together in the first place beats me lol. I change Don to a "family sims" in my game later, it was time for him to stop playing the girls I made a beautiful sims in Body shop for him to be with. I gave Cassandra a small bit of a makeover she was just too homey. hahahaa :D

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
Money. The Pleasantview storytelling panels make it clear that Don's and Dina's interest in the Goth family is solely for their money.

That's because when you first load Pleasantview, as it came out of the box, Don's and Cassie's long term relationship is too low. If you follow the hint box that tells you to do a few romantic interactions between them before going to the arch, their LTR will increase enough that they'll get married with no hesitation. But they knew that most people would go straight to the arch, so you can say that Don leaving Cassie at the altar and her breaking down in aspiration failure was one the little pre-programmed scenarios they made up to teach us how certain aspects of the game (LTR/STR, parties, aspiration failures) worked in the beginning.

Yep, I looked at the Relationship panel another time I played it...and you're right.

I never thought they belonged together anyway, for two reasons--pairing off a Family Sim and and a Romance Sim, and poor chemistry.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 12:17 AM
Quote:
I never thought they belonged together anyway, for two reasons--pairing off a Family Sim and and a Romance Sim, and poor chemistry.

Haha, that's exactly what I did.. Don Lothario and one of my own sims. It worked out all right, he always had the want to make out with five sims but the rest of his wants/fears were about my sim :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 11:02 PM
I paired off a Romance and a Popularity Sim. After their daughter was born the Romance Sim's wants centered around his daughter--teach her potty training, nursery rhyme, etc.

Then after she became a Child "have a baby" fell under Fears. LOL
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:55 PM
Cracks me up when the girls do the "swoon" thing...
Scholar
#20 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:22 AM
My Don is a super duper hottie after adding a bit of CC to him. His is strictly a player and is quite good at it, very suave indeed. No plans to change him or marry him off although I'm thinking him may need to pass along those genes of his, eventually.

I never warmed up to Cassandra something about her I just don't care for, maybe it's all that shy handwringing she does. I will say though that her and Darren Dreamer do produce some very attractive offspring though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 12:02 PM
It's the glasses and the hairstyle. Ditch the glasses and give her Bella's hairstyle, and she looks more like her mom.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:09 PM
Noooo don't ditch the glasses they're part her cute nerdy character. All Cassie needs is a less childish hair style, she's really pretty under those pigtails.
Scholar
#23 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
Noooo don't ditch the glasses they're part her cute nerdy character. All Cassie needs is a less childish hair style, she's really pretty under those pigtails.

I totally agree! Cass will never lose her specs in my game... and so far I haven't even faffed with her hair! That doesn't mean I won't in future - she'll look pretty daft with those bunches as an elder, that's for sure!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 5:45 PM
When I played in Pleasantview, I used to give Cassie an elegant suit, stylish glasses and a beautiful hairdo, and, well, she turned out to be pretty and posh, just like Bella. As for Don Lothario, I pared him with Nina Caliente and Kaylyn Langerak in turns, and he also woohooed with Dina once or twice... And then I married him off to Cassandra (she proposed, btw). It was like, our shy nerdy Cassie turned into an attractive, elegant, self-confident woman, and Don finally noticed her.
But I actualy played Pleasantview several times, in different ways.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#25 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 12:18 AM
The caliente twins I never really care for them too much they seem to be after the sims money ( the blonde one ) I Created two UGLY brothers for them to be with. Just because they are both two B---hes lol out for what they can get.

Page 1 of 2